Birthday Parties
Options

naps and party timing

we're planning DD's first bday party to start at noon.  Lots of our friends have toddlers.  Are we going to infringing on nap time?  Is there anyway around it?

It really is too late to change as the invites are already printed.  I guess if DD naps through half her party then so be it.  It really is a party for her parents anyway, right? ;)  And if our friends are late because their little ones are napping then it'll just give us more time with our childless friends (assuming they come!)

Re: naps and party timing

• Options
    My philosophy with naptimes and parties is to plan around your own child's naps.  There's a good probability her naps will be in line with her friends, but parents can plan accordingly.  However, most people coming to a child's birthday without kids (like family members) want to see the child, so having the birthday girl asleep for her party isn't going to be very enjoyable for them.   Plus, it is her party, so I don't really get having it while she's sleeping.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  That is really the best planning I can do.  Right now she sleeps for a couple hours in the morning and takes a short nap in the afternoon.  If she naps suring her party then at least DH and I can visit with our adult friends a bit more.  Maybe we'll set up a nap room for the other babies...though I doubt any of them would nap well in an unfamiliar room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageblu-eyedwife:
    My philosophy with naptimes and parties is to plan around your own child's naps.  There's a good probability her naps will be in line with her friends, but parents can plan accordingly.  However, most people coming to a child's birthday without kids (like family members) want to see the child, so having the birthday girl asleep for her party isn't going to be very enjoyable for them.   Plus, it is her party, so I don't really get having it while she's sleeping.

Ditto all of that.  

FWIW, my LO naps from 9:30-11 and then usually from 2:30 to 4:00.  So I'm going to have his 1st birthday party at noon.  That way he can get a good two hours of play in, eat his cake, etc and then he can go down for his nap.  If our friends and family want to stay past 2:00, that's great, but most kid parties wrap up after a couple of hours.  I can't worry about every other kid's nap time, I can only worry about my LO's nap since it's his party.  Our friends with kids will probably shift nap time if they can or they'll just come for part of the party and either leave or put their LO down for a nap at our house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We planned DD's party for after her nap. She missed her second nap but she did fine because she was so entertained by the guests. I agree with others, plan the party around her schedule. I would take my DD to party even if it was during her nap time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    If guests are worried about their kid's nap times then they'll just come late or leave early, no big deal.  I agree with the others, plan the party around your LO's schedule.  My DS naps around 1, so we'll be doing his first bday party later in the afternoon, around 3 or 4pm.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"