C-sections

6 week check needed?

What do they do at this check up? Is it necessary?

They had me scheduled at 7 weeks and now they have pushed it out 4 more weeks. So they have me at almost 3 months after. My husband says I should just cancel it unless I feel like I need to be seen. if they schedule it that far out, it must not be that important. I want to agree.

Thoughts?

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: 6 week check needed?

• She checked my incision, did a pap/check to make sure my uterus was back where it belong and then cleared me for activities. I would call back and ask for a sooner date.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • EmR22EmR22 member

imagemagdalina.h:
    She checked my incision, did a pap/check to make sure my uterus was back where it belong and then cleared me for activities. I would call back and ask for a sooner date.

This exactly. I thinks it's important to be seen but 11 weeks is pretty far out. Is there someone else in the office you could see? I would call and maybe even speak to a nurse and see if they can get you in closer to 6 weeks. 

• Loading the player...
  • She agreed it was kind of far out but she didn't have anything available sooner. I am on a cancellation list.

I'm frustrated because I want to get cleared for exercise and sex. If it's so important, why wait so long?!
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• That would be annoying. You should have it but at the same time that late...weird. I feel bad for you. I just had a quick check, not a pap and he looked at my insicion. I honestly didn't feel up to much more than walking until 1012 weeks.
  • That is odd. I would have to say that it is an important appointment, but so late? Honestly, I would just go ahead (if I was feeling fine) and have sex at the 6 week mark and use protection. That is probably not the best advice but personally that is what I would do. You could call or email your doctor to see if thats okay.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagekindershlitz:
    That would be annoying. You should have it but at the same time that late...weird. I feel bad for you. I just had a quick check, not a pap and he looked at my insicion. I honestly didn't feel up to much more than walking until 1012 weeks.

I'm just now feeling mostly normal, except for my abs. I could probably work out like normal experience for ab work, I think. Maybe I will just take it slow and listen to my body.

I'm 7 weeks pp.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• imagerockyrollgirl:
    That is odd. I would have to say that it is an important appointment, but so late? Honestly, I would just go ahead if I was feeling finenbsp;and have sex at the 6 week mark and use protection. That is probably not the best advice but personally that is what I would do. You could call or email your doctor to see ifnbsp;thats okay.

We did have sex at 5 weeks once and then two says ago. We took it easy and I didn't let him finish inside and we didnt use lube. I didn't want anything up there that would stick around in case of infection. Haha. We need to pick up some condoms.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• My check up was 4 weeks pp and the doctor just checked y incision. He said so schedule a pap etc in the next 6 months or so. 
  • imageharmonicbabe26:
    My check up was 4 weeks pp and the doctor just checked y incision. He said so schedule a pap etc in the next 6 months or so.nbsp;

That's what I'm worried about, also. They are going to waste my time and charge me a couple hundred bucks. Ugh.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• My dr said the six week will include a pap so that we don't have to come back for a year...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I had mine today and she just looked atmy incision and tthat was it. You don't need paps annually anymore unless you've had an irregular one or family history. I'll get mine next year.

If it were me and I felt OK I would resume normal activities. I'm only 5 weeks out and got the all clear
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"