Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How to deal with engorgement when LO STTN

Hey ladies,

I was wondering how you dealt with your engorgement in the morning after LO starts STTN. For the last week I have been waking up to soaked through bras/breast pads, wet sheets, and awful engorgement. The slightest pressure seems to cause a waterfall. How long before my supply regulates to her sleeping?

Re: How to deal with engorgement when LO STTN

• Options
    Lurking from 3-6 months here.  My LO has started STTN more frequently the past 2 weeks, but up until then was usually up at least once a night to nurse.  She'll be 6 months old in a few days.  I STILL wake up engorged when she STTN.  I wear bamboobies overnight pads and I stick folded up washcloths between the pads and the nursing tank I wear to bed.  It's the only way I've found that helps me avoid leaking through the tank top, sheets, etc.  I don't feel like I'll ever wake up after STTN and NOT be engorged.  Sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for haha!
  • Options
    I get up and pump. If I didn't, I would have plugged ducts all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same. Otherwise, I couldn't sleep. I would pump just enough to relieve the discomfort. 

It is better now, so I don't have to pump anymore. Although, by morning I may be engorged still, but DS has been switching up his sleeping lately too. So my body doesn't know what to make of it I think.  

• Options
    Get up and pump. It sucks, but its better than messing with your supply. Once that goes its really really hard to get it back. You can doze while you pump. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It took 3 days for my boobs to regulate. Now I wake up very full but not crazy and leaking everywhere. No way would I wake up and pump if the kid is sleeping, but apparently that's just me. 
  • Options

imageMKC12/22/2006:
    I get up and pump. If I didn't, I would have plugged ducts all the time.

This. I get a ton during that pump too, so it's worth it. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Unfortunately it may not regulate, at least mine hasn't yet and he's been sleeping 8 hours for a few weeks now.  I pump right before bed, double up on pads and by 3am when i cant sleep on my sides anymore i debate getting up to pump or sleeping on my back until lo wakes up...its about 50-50
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I agree with the others...it might not completely go away, but pumping a little will help. Decide if you want to start building a stash and you can pump til empty. If you do that, your body will keep making that much, but you'll get lots of milk.

If you don't need a stash, then just pump a little to relieve engorgement.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    I would go ahead and pump my LO has began sleeping longer at night and when she does wake up to nurse she gets full from just one side and goes right back to sleep so pumping def helps 
  • Options

imageshibby00:
    It took 3 days for my boobs to regulate. Now I wake up very full but not crazy and leaking everywhere. No way would I wake up and pump if the kid is sleeping, but apparently that's just me. 

This was me too.  When she wakes in the morning, she nurses off of one side and is full because there's so much, so I pump the other side which has helped to build a stash.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"