November 2013 Moms

Moms of toddlers

I'm having a really hard time getting my 27 pound two year old out of the shopping cart or the swing at the park. I haven't even gotten that big yet, but I think my belly is getting in the way. Anyone else have this problem? I guess it's probably just going to get worse.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of toddlers

• I'm having a hard time holding DS who's 3 and 33lbs. He likes being carried at times and it just hurts my belly which looks like I swallowed a basketball already at 16w2d. I do find it difficult getting him in the car and his carseat though too!
  • I feel like my little guy (32 pound, two year old) is much harder to hold and handle.  I can't hardly stand up and hold him.  I am dreading the bigger belly and car seat ordeal.  Right now we are working on letting him climb in and out of the carseat and then I just strap him in.  It works out pretty good until he decides to jump in the front seat and tell me that he wants to drive.  Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenoslen2005:
    I feel like my little guy 32 pound, two year old is much harder to hold and handle.nbsp; I can't hardly stand up and hold him.nbsp; I am dreading the bigger belly and car seat ordeal.nbsp; Right now we are working on letting him climb in and out of the carseat and then I just strap him in.nbsp; It works out pretty good until he decides to jump in the front seat and tell me that he wants to drive.nbsp; [:]

I hear you! DS climbs in the backseat or back area of the SUV and wants to ride everywhere but in his carseat.
  • I've given up trying to carry my (almost) 3yr old who is 38lbs. DH has to lift her when she needs it.

I can still manage my (almost) 2yr old who is 30lbs.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • aosmunaosmun member
    Yes to all of these- the swing, shopping cart, carseat, etc. But I have an especially hard time getting him in and out of the crib! I guess I'm kinda short anyways but I have to turn sideways to get my belly out of tge way and strain my back to lay him down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am encouraging my near-2 year old at near-30 lbs to walk and climb indepedantly sooner than I might have otherwise.  Nothing about my belly, all about the preggo all-day sickness which is worse with physical effort.  Sometimes when she wants to be picked up I simply kneel down and give her a hug until her urge passes and she moves on... still she insists on being carried down the stairs most mornings... I suck it up. ;)

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• Same here. My DS is almost 19 months and weights only 25 lbs but I have Scoliosis so being pregnant just makes it that much harder. He loves being independent and wants to do everything on his own, like walk everywhere. It's be awesome if it weren't for the fact that he moment I put him down, he runs off in the opposite direction I plan on going lol! Never fails. So I still carry him places since he hates having his hand held. Sigh!
  • I know what you mean.  I have a hard time lifting DS high (like into a cart).  He actually climbs into his own carseat on his own, thankfully.  I don't think it's my belly size, it just kind of hurts, if that makes sense.  

• DD is only 22 pounds but yet I have a hard time lifting her up. I am glad she has learned how to walk upstairs by herself the last couple weeks because we live on the thrid floor
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • Unfortunately due to my placental abruption I'm not able to pick up my 1 1/2 year old. It's been two weeks and it sucks!
  • imageaosmun:
    Yes to all of these- the swing, shopping cart, carseat, etc. But I have an especially hard time getting him in and out of the crib! I guess I'm kinda short anyways but I have to turn sideways to get my belly out of tge way and strain my back to lay him down.

This is my concern! 

• I'm having a hard time with carrying my 30 lb 2 y/o as well. He also like to 'drive' the car when I let him get in on his own....then it's a whole other battle
  • My son is 2 1/2 and I have been having him climb in his car seat and walk holding my hand as much ad possible. I get out of breath really easily when lifting or holding him. But he knows the baby is in my belly and he needs to help me out by being a "big boy." When he fell the other day I said are u ok baby? He said "I'm not a baby I'm a big boy!" :
  • Same here. And the worst part is, DD is 23 months and STILL is not walking on her own, so I still have to carry her practically everywhere. This will be really bad in a month or two when I am huge! 
  • I have the sameproblem except I must point out that bending down hurts my back too.
  • I drive an SUV and have started letting my 3 year old climb into the car seat from the opposite side. Now to figure out the grocery cart...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"