3rd Trimester
Options

Second Time + New items to purchase?

For those with little one(s) already, are they any items that you purchased this time around that you didn't use before?  We pretty much saved everything since our first LO....but there were a lot of items that we never used/purchased (ie- bottle warmers, wipe warmers, swaddle blankets -I just used receiving blankets).  Now with a 3 year old, there's a convenience factor into play :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Second Time + New items to purchase?

• Options

well my youngest is 6...but this time around I invested in a good baby carrier, the Ergo.

I had to basically buy everything all over again, but I stuck to what works- which to me are the basics. Swing, bounce chair, boppy, ect...

• Options
    skioskio member
    Wraps for wearing the new baby.

A Rock n Play. Smaller, more sensible that the PnP.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is two and we also have another girl on the way so it's great that way. We are reusing everything.  I did purchase a play mat with the hanging toys and a crib mobile this time around. I found that  I could have used these items this time around. I got her a going home outfit from the hospital as well as socks because LO's are grimey and I had to throw them out. I also got a few clothes and onesies that my mom bought.
    TTC #1 April 2009 Dx with PCOS September 2009 TI w Clomid x3 = BFNs IUI w Clomid = BFN TI w Clomid = BFP! August 2010 We are blessed. TTC #2 TTC on our own August & September 2012 = BFN x 2 (so I thought) Appt w RE Oct 2012 and got a BFP that day! Thank you, Lord. Nov 23 7 week u/s - so far so good. Jan 3 12 week u/s - still going strong. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    a new wrap and  bamboo swaddling blankets (had flannel for DD)
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Some new SwaddleMe swaddles and sleep sacks since DDs are pretty worn out. A second camera for our video monitor. A new carrier (infant wrap) for the first few months. 
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I got the boppy newborn lounger and the summer infant cosleeper.
  • Options
    Ergo because my husband threw away my old baby carrier it was a generic ergo 
  • Options
    I still need a good carrier...looking at the Beco right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    wipe warmers and  swaddlers were such a waste. I did get a baby carrier this time around. I never used one with my first. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We bought an ergo and swaddle blankets. Also borrowing a cosleeper this time around.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    I can't remember, but I did get some stuff. I got a couple small girl outfits in case we had a girl that time, but I guess the rest we bought after she was born, turned out to be a girl, needing girl clothes. Tried new bottles (dr browns), pacifiers (gumdrops), got girly diaper covers and bedding, etc.
  • Options
    meep13meep13 member
    The only thing we're really buying is new bottles we used Avent last time which we loved but they leaked all the time.  Now they have a new design with less parts and they also have glass which I would like to try.  We'll be breastfeeding and I don't like the idea of breast milk sitting in plastic bottles for some reason. I think glass would just clean better...We'll also be getting a breast pump since we didn't breast feed last time but insurance is paying for that. 
  • Options
    Ergo and a Rock and Play
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We got a double stroller, a second monitor, nursery furniture and a new infant car seat. Some new clothes because they are different season, but not much.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"