Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Please let me know I am not alone

So my son is 12 weeks old and we thought he was getting this sleeping thing down.  He was sleeping in 2-3 hour stretches.  He even slept 5 hours straight Monday night.  Starting Tuesday he won't sleep any longer than 50 minutes.  Today it has been only two 25 minute naps.  He sleeps well while being held, but wakes up soon after being laid down in his RnP.  We have tried laying him down drowsy but awake and completely asleep.  We have way more "success" lying him down asleep.  I am so frustrated and exhausted.  I just don't know what to do.  He falls back to sleep easily at night when he wakes up and is not hungry.  I can't keep doing this.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Those of you who have a baby STTN are so lucky!  I know some of you have babies who STTN but only nap 45 minutes at a time.  I would kill for that! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Please let me know I am not alone

• You are not alone, although my son is only 8 weeks, I see him regress and progress in sleeping all the time, moreso when he is going through a growth spurt or wonder week.(Which seems like he has been going through that for a month straight now). If I remember correctly, at 12 weeks there is another spurt, so this may be why your little one is acting this way. Also take a look at "wonder weeks."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today has been the first time I have heard of a wonder week. I will definitely look into that. Thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's normal for babies to progress and regress in their sleep. My LO has slept 7 hours straight at night maybe 2 or 3 times, only to sleep shorter lengths of time the next night. It's like a tease! But I'll take it ;) She also varies in her ability to nap during the day. Sometimes she needs me to hold her to fall asleep, sometimes she can fall asleep anywhere on her own. From what I understand, it's perfectly normal. But definitely read up on Wonder Weeks. It's very interesting and helpful.
  • tilsonctilsonc member
    I have noticed my LO does not STTN if she does not have enough to eat during the day as she wakes up hungry.
  • I'm a sucker for holding the baby while they nap, so I'd probably just do that for awhile. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member

imagetilsonc:
    I have noticed my LO does not STTN if she does not have enough to eat during the day as she wakes up hungry.

My little guy doesn't STTN at all yet, but if he is hungry, he definitely wakes more freqently.  I've just started pumping before I go to bed so that when he wakes up the first time, I can give him a full 4 oz and be sure that he's getting a full feed.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our little man will sleep all night in his Rock 'n Play. I think it is because he can sleep on an incline. Babies like to sit at this angle because I think it helps them breathe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"