Two Under 2
Options

High Chair Thoughts

I have a 1.5 year old daughter who still uses a high chair. I love it because I can wheel her to wherever I am in the house and let her eat there and keep her entertained and contained.

But now my six month old is ready for a high chair.

So the question is: should I buy a second high chair or should my daughter graduate to a booster. I love the high chair but at what point should kids not use a high chair anymore?

Thank you!

Re: High Chair Thoughts

• Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    I moved DD to a booster seat around 2.  It is one that  has a tray for travel.  So you could get one like that and use it for the baby and keep your older child in the highchair.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We moved the girls out of the high chair around 18 months. I don't know when they "should" be out of one, but around that age is when they wanted to sit at the table with everyone else, and I was sick of tripping over a high chair in my kitchen ;)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NNGnomeNNGnome member

I moved DS to a booster seat a couple weeks ago, it has no straps, but he is fine, he loves it, but we eat all our meals at the table (we haven't used the tray on the high chair for about 6 months), so it would be a different situation.

You could get one of the high chairs that converts into a toddler seat if you still want to be mobile, if you plan just to use them in one place I think a booster would be fine, otherwise another high chair seems like a good option.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    I would get a booster. I just switched my 18 month old to a booster and he loves sitting at the table with us.
  • Options
    I just moved my 21 month old to a booster.  Seemed like the right time for him, and our youngest is 6 months, so it worked out well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"