Natural Birth

BTDT: Experience with Marginal Placenta Previa?

Hi Natural Mommies!

I'm planning to be one of you... Med-free and intervention-free birth, taking Bradley classes, etc.  I adore you all and frequently lurk here, but don't post often.  

Just had a 23 wk U/S and they said I had a marginal placenta previa.  It was hard to get a good read on, but at the end of the scan they did end up declaring it marginal - not a full previa.  From what I have studied my uterus still has a loooong way to stretch and these tend to resolve on their own as the uterus expands, but can anyone relate with their own experience to help my paranoia? This would really put a wrench in my natural birth plans...

TIA!

Re: BTDT: Experience with Marginal Placenta Previa?

• I was low lying (8 mm from cervical opening) from 19-31 weeks.  At our 31 wk growth u/s it was discovered it FINALLY moved up enough to allow for a vaginal delivery.

They will probably schedule another check anywhere from 4-8 weeks from now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKdgTeacher:

I was low lying (8 mm from cervical opening) from 19-31 weeks.  At our 31 wk growth u/s it was discovered it FINALLY moved up enough to allow for a vaginal delivery.

They will probably schedule another check anywhere from 4-8 weeks from now.

Yay - glad for you, and encouraging. Thanks so much!

• Loading the player...
  • iris427iris427 member
    I had a complete previa during my first trimester with baby 2 and it resolved completely. I had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery. 90 of second trimester placenta previa cases will resolve by term. GL.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's rare that it doesn't move. I had it at 20w and it had resolved itself by 28w.
  • imageiris427:
    I had a complete previa during my first trimester with baby 2 and it resolved completely. I had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery. 90 of second trimester placenta previa cases will resolve by term. GL.

Thanks so much!

• Thanks, tfmb.  Hoping I have the same outcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"