2nd Trimester
Options

moving over to 2nd tri and placenta previa..anyone else?

Hi ladies!

13 weeks here. I just got back from my ultra sound and found out I have placenta previa. Dr. isn't too worried, just low activity and no sex. He said more than likely it will move as I grow. Of course I'm concerned especially since I have 2 boys under 3! And we have a camping trip planned that I'm not sure I should be going to before my next follow up in another month. so far I've had no bleeding at all, but more dull cramps than my other two pregnancies. Any one else have placenta previa??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: moving over to 2nd tri and placenta previa..anyone else?

• Options

I have marginal (or partial) previa and unfortunately have had 3 bleeds so far.  They did seem to come when I was a little more active; I've since been taking it very easy and have been OK for 7 days now (the previous bleeds were all 3-4 days apart).  

My doctors don't seem too worried, so I'm trying to be calm about the whole thing, but it has been hard to not be able to resume my normal activities.  I would listen to your doc as much as you can, I'm sure it's tough with 2 boys under 3!   

• Options
    droziodrozio member

18 weeks here and I have the same issue. They basically told me the same thing, to take it easy, and I have a 2 year old...how is that possible ?! :)

They will check me again in 8 weeks with another u/s. Doctor was a bit concerned in my situation since I was almost half way through, but is hoping it fixes itself. From what I understand, if it doesn't, I will have to have a C-Section.

I would take her orders and take it easy, even if you go camping...:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A lot of women are told early on that they have placenta previa. The good news is that it usually works its self out and the placenta can move. Around 12 weeks I was told that there was concern for this as well but told not to worry. So I didn't. And here we are at almost 25 weeks and everything is normal.

Just rest and take care of yourself. There is a good chance it will all work out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Did he say if its partial or full previa? Partial previa most often (90%) moves. Full is a little less likely. But still nothing to really worry about. I was told I had partial previa at 19 wk us and told not to have sex. I did have sex, bad girl here, but didn't bleed so we've been having gentle sex and all's good. I am also still doing my yoga and ballet and no bleeding. It's all good. I would go camping, just don't do any heavy lifting and enjoy yourself. If your one of them stress case mommas (with 2 boys under 3 that can be understandable) and foresee the camping trip stressing you out then don't go. I will be checking my placenta's placement on July 2nd at 30 wks. I'm pretty sure it's moved. If you imagine your uterus as a ballon and place and big dot at the bottom, then fill in the ballon the dot will move just as your uterus gets bigger the placenta moves with it. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with a complete placenta previa at 15w due to bleeding.  I will be checked again at my A/S in a couple of weeks.  I was put on pelvic rest - no sex, no heavy lifting, low-to-moderate exercise.  I haven't had a bleeding episode since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"