January 2014 Moms

"Came out" to the rest of the parents this weekend...

DH's parents showed their usual stoicism lol. I've learned that a smile and a hug are about all I can expect from this kind of news. DH says that's just how they express excitement and after 5 years, I get it now (sort of). 

My Dad and new Step-mom were very very excited. Tears, hugs, wanting to share with everyone etc. They had a house warming party on Saturday. We brought them a pack of newborn diapers with a card that said, "Congrats on the new house! As you can see, these are too small for Kaia. Which brings us to your other present, a cute little butt to put these on in January! Surprise!" They loved it.

And with that, all our parents know, which is sort of a relief. I always feel anxious keeping a secret from them! 

Anyone else still have to tell parents?

Married 5.16.10 Kaia Helene born 8.23.12 Soren Noble due 1.20.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Came out" to the rest of the parents this weekend...

• I love how you told your dad and step mom, very cute idea!

We're waiting for another u/s until we tell DH's parents. I want to make sure that things are going well before we tell them.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Cute! It's wonderful that they were so happy :)

we've told all close family except SIL because she's expecting her first, and her shower is in two weeks, and we wanted to give her her "moment". She's always very blunt so who knows how that will go when we do come clean!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Cute! I can't wait to tell people!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I told my mom right away, we still haven't told the inlaws. I know it's silly but I'm scared to tell them. We had a super cute and happy announcement with our twins, and video taped it, it was perfect. I miscarried the next day. I feel like I jinxed myself, so silly i know, but I am scared to tell them again! I think we will wait until after our ultrasound to assess the pregnancy s viability I guess, such an ugly way to word it. But after we see a heart beat and a growing baby, then I will feel more comfortable I hope.
  • H's grandfather and sister didn't even tell me congratulations after he told them LOL So I feel you on the in laws reaction! He did ask me how I was feeling (he's a retired dr) but otherwise it was just business as usual! 

My mom on the other hand cried LOL  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • imageStephanie185:
    I told my mom right away, we still haven't told the inlaws. I know it's silly but I'm scared to tell them. We had a super cute and happy announcement with our twins, and video taped it, it was perfect. I miscarried the next day. I feel like I jinxed myself, so silly i know, but I am scared to tell them again! I think we will wait until after our ultrasound to assess the pregnancy s viability I guess, such an ugly way to word it. But after we see a heart beat and a growing baby, then I will feel more comfortable I hope.

So sorry for your loss, I would be gun shy too! Hope you get to see a perfect gummy bear soon!

• imageDeblondie1:

H's grandfather and sister didn't even tell me congratulations after he told them LOL So I feel you on the in laws reaction! He did ask me how I was feeling (he's a retired dr) but otherwise it was just business as usual! 

My mom on the other hand cried LOL  

Too funny! It took me a long time to get used to the way his family expresses themselves. My family definitely wears their emotions on their sleeves!

• cja06cja06 member
    That is cute! We haven't told anyone except my good friend who came out to visit me this weekend. She knew immediately when I didn't order alcohol. It was a relief to tell someone! We are waiting at least until my u/s next week before telling our parents. I realized last year how much it sucks to un-tell people, even when they are your parents.

• Still haven't told DH's parents.  His mom is a little over-excitable and I can't handle it.  Plus, she can't keep a secret - learned that the hard way last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Cute way to share the news! :)

My mom knows, but we have yet to tell DH's parents. My first ultrasound isn't until next Friday, so we wouldn't dare share before then. I'm dreading sharing the news, though. My SIL and her husband mean well, but they are the kind of people who rain on everyone's parade. Hearing them explain why we're crazy to have 2 under 2 will be fun. :|

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • We haven't told a single soul yet, though I'm sure some people have guessed. I've already had two occasions where I had to explain why I wasn't drinking, and I know for a fact that I'm a horrible liar.

My sis announced at 5 weeks and then had an m/c at 9 (which was just last week)... so I'm also a little apprehensive about announcing so close to her loss.

And hubs wants to wait to announce until after our first appt next week.  He wants to see for himself that the baby is alive/growing before getting other people excited for us.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 34 / DH: 35
    Married: Halloween 2010
    DS: February 2014
  • Well, we went from not telling people to telling our parents and siblings in a week, lol

Right after I told DH, he told his brother. We didn't tell anyone else until a few days later, where I just couldn't stop myself and told my sisters. I was doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution with one and she asked me how I was doing on it and I confessed that I stopped the diet part. So I told her.

DH took that as a sign that it was ok for him to tell his mom and step-dad. Since they knew, I figured it was only fair to tell my parents. Then DH told his dad and step-mom.  

We told everyone over and over to not tell anyone about it and I don't think they will.

I'm sure after our first appt, if it goes well, we're going to get pressured to tell other family. But I think we both want to wait until we're further along to share the news (maybe after our 2nd appt). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • imageStephanie185:
    I told my mom right away, we still haven't told the inlaws. I know it's silly but I'm scared to tell them. We had a super cute and happy announcement with our twins, and video taped it, it was perfect. I miscarried the next day. I feel like I jinxed myself, so silly i know, but I am scared to tell them again! I think we will wait until after our ultrasound to assess the pregnancy s viability I guess, such an ugly way to word it. But after we see a heart beat and a growing baby, then I will feel more comfortable I hope.

We took my DD's to dinner at their favorite place and told them...they were both so excited which I didn't see coming I thought they would be pretty mad. They are 13 and 9 and kinda use to it just being them.  I lost the baby the next day and then ended up in the hospital several times during the Thanksgiving week and was finally admitted for pneumonia....I literally had to fight for my life.  They were mortified through it all. This time I told them the same day I found out because I was so scared it would end horribly again and wanted them to know what was going on.  So far things are going great and they seem to get a little more excited everyday!  I however have not told my parents....they don't believe you should have children unless you are a millionaire.  Let me add in my step mom never wanted kids and my adoptive dad never really wanted to adopt me but was trying to save his marriage.  I also live with them....we all help each other out and it works since my husband lives two hours away and they are both retired.  I have help with my two kiddos, they will prob freak out if not kick us out.  Not sure what will happen, they are very active in my DD's lives and love all of us.  They are not horrible people maybe just a little miss guided.  I am waiting until the 2nd tri to tell them....I am trying to bypass any stress they may add.  

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • imagecyndilouwho77:

imageStephanie185:

&nbsp;

We took my DD's to dinner at their favorite place and told them...they were both so excited which I didn't see coming I thought they would be pretty mad. They are 13 and 9 and kinda use to it just being them.&nbsp; I lost the baby the next day and then ended up in the hospital several times during the Thanksgiving week and was finally admitted for pneumonia....I literally had to fight for my life.&nbsp; They were mortified through it all. This time I told them the same day I found out because I was so scared it would end horribly again and wanted them to know what was going on.&nbsp; So far things are going great and they seem to get a little more excited everyday!&nbsp; I however have not told my parents....they don't believe you should have children unless you are a millionaire.&nbsp; Let me add in my step mom never wanted kids and my adoptive dad never really wanted to adopt me but was trying to save his marriage.&nbsp; I also live with them....we all help each other out and it works since my husband lives two hours away and they are both retired.&nbsp; I have help with my two kiddos, they will prob freak out if not kick us out.&nbsp; Not sure what will happen,&nbsp;they are very active in my DD's lives and love all of us.&nbsp; They are not horrible people maybe just a little miss guided.&nbsp; I am waiting until&nbsp;the 2nd tri to tell them....I am trying to bypass any stress they may add. &nbsp;

Oh Im very sorry you had such a terrible time, and Im very sorry for your loss. It sounds like waiting is the best idea with your parents too, just don't stress right now. Even if they are upset, that stress will be easier dealt with when you are feeling better. Hugs dear
  • Aww that's cute. We still need to tell DH's parents, but he wants to wait awhile for that. They will react like your in laws did so he doesn't feel pressure to tell them.

• We haven't told anyone yet except a couple of close friends we went to visit who we rarely see and we knew we could trust to keep quiet.  We just don't want to get our parents' hopes up yet after what we went through earlier this year...it was hard on them I think.

After the first u/s (in a week) hopefully we will feel better about it and can start telling!

Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"