Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Please share sleep schedules!

I just posted something similar on multiples but Im at a loss and would love to hear other perspectives.

My LO's are up at 6-6:30 am

1st nap at 8ish (1-2 hrs)

2nd nap around 1 pm (1-2 hrs)

and then they go nutty at about 5 pm until bed time (fighting the 3rd nap) at 7 pm.

I see many posts about the first nap starting later which I would love, I just can't seem to get them to stay up any longer.

*ETA they are 8 months old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Please share sleep schedules!

• 5am - wakes to eat and then goes right back to sleep

7am - wakes

9:30am - nap

11:30am - wakes

2:00pm - nap

4:00pm - wakes

6:30pm - sleep for the night

This schedule can vary by 1/2 hour of so but he normally naps for 2 hours twice a day.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • This varies day to day, but this tends to be about the usual...

Up at 6 am-6:30

Nap 8:30 ish for half hour

Nap at 11ish for half hour

Nap at 2ish for half hour

Nap at 5ish for half hour

Bedtime around 8pm

My guy is a cat napper. On a good day where I get a 45min - 1 hr nap stretch then the naps are pushed around. We were trying for a 6:30 bedtime for about a month but he would always wake 30 minutes after putting him down for the night so we stopped fighting it and just let him do a cat nap then later bedtime and he started sleeping through the night. Occasionally he will wake once to eat, but sure beat the 2-3 times getting up before with the 4:30 wake up time.

edited-clarified 

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds exactly like our schedule.

Awake at 5:30-6am

1st nap- 8am (sometimes he can make it til 8:30)

2nd nap- 11:30/12

3rd nap- almost never happens, unless other naps were too short 

Bedtime around 6pm.

Just wondering if you were having a problem with your schedule? I think it works pretty well, and I'm not sure there's much I could do to change it. He also gets cranky around 4:30 or so, but it helps to save his favorite toys and books (maybe TV if I'm desperate) to use during that time to distract him. Sometimes the afternoons are tough, but we just power through and survive until bedtime.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemamaHippo23:

This sounds exactly like our schedule.

Awake at 5:30-6am

1st nap- 8am (sometimes he can make it til 8:30)

2nd nap- 11:30/12

3rd nap- almost never happens, unless other naps were too short 

Bedtime around 6pm.

Just wondering if you were having a problem with your schedule? I think it works pretty well, and I'm not sure there's much I could do to change it. He also gets cranky around 4:30 or so, but it helps to save his favorite toys and books (maybe TV if I'm desperate) to use during that time to distract him. Sometimes the afternoons are tough, but we just power through and survive until bedtime.

EXACTLY this!! We are powering through until bedtime. DH and I just dealt with it accepting it as it was because an early bed time works well. My MIL babysat and commented that they are obnoxious and I should e giving them a 3rd nap. Now all I can do is second guess myself. They are tough to deal with. But they fight the 3rd nap to a point where it's just not worth it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS will be 7 months in another week.  He has a similar schedule as your LOs.

Get up 5:30-6a

1st nap at 8:30a; naps for 1-1.5 hours

2nd nap around 12:30-1pm, naps for 1-1.5 hours

3rd nap around 4-4:30pm, naps for 1-1.5 hours

DH gets home at 6:30pm, dinner & play. Bedtime 7:45p, asleep by 8pm.

I've found that he will go down for his 3rd nap as long as it's before 5pm.  But there are definitely days that he will fight his 3rd nap and then he's a mess for the rest of the afternoon/evening. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • My LO loves his sleep.
    Wakes up around 6:00am
    Naps from 9:0012:00
    Naps from 2:004:00
    Bed at 8:00pm

Blake012913DSCF1379
  • Up around 6:30

Nap sometime between 8-9 (45mins)

Nap sometime between 12-1 (23-30 mins)

Nap sometime between 4-5 (hour)

Bed around 7:30 (STTN)

• PokedotPokedot member

DS goes down between 7:30 & 8pm. Usually 8pm

Sleeps until 7-8am.

Usually back down for nap #1 about 2.5-3 hours after waking. Sleeps 1.5-2 hours.

Second nap (iffy these days UGH) down about 1:30-2pm. Sleeps for 1 hour.

No 3rd nap. He dropped that forever ago!

• Our schedule is more a routine since the times change day to day. 

Wake up

2 hours of awake time

Nap 1

3 hours of awake time

Nap 2

4 hours of awake time

Bedtime at 7 (with a couple MOTN wake ups in there) 

• 7 am - wakes up

9 am - naps until 11

1:30 - naps again until 3

Bed at 7. She gave up her 3rd nap ages ago! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't have a set schedule really. DS2 is up anywhere from 630-8 and we don't feed him until he's hungry. Some mornings he'll be awake for an hour before he wants a bottle. Then usually within an hour after his bottle, we feed him oatmeal mixed with fruit. His naps are whenever he's tired, however between his second to last bottle and his last he doesn't get a nap. Most of the time he's out after he drinks his last bottle and he's out for the whole night. There are nights that he's still wide awake after his last bottle and we'll let him play and tire himself out. Once we see the signs of being tired, then we lay him down and he'll be asleep within 60 seconds.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DD is just over 8 months. This is her typical schedule (give or take):

7am - wake for the day
    930am - nap 1 (usually 1.5 hours)
    130pm - nap 2 (usually 1.5 hours) 
    630pm - start bedtime routine
    7pm - bedtime 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board