Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Stage 3 Foods

Gerber states that you start these when LO can crawl. Beech Nut says to start them at about 8 to 8 1/2 months. I know these foods are thicker and it appears that they have little chunks in them from looking at the jars. Is it OK to start these when LO has no teeth yet? Or should I wait until teeth finally come in?

She does great with Stage 2 foods and she eats Puffs as well, but I'm sure those are a lot easier to eat. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stage 3 Foods

• Options
    No need to wait for teeth. It might be a little tougher to eat than those with teeth, but she should be able to do it. My ped said he has seen a baby with no teeth eat steak.

• Options
    They don't need teeth for the stage 3 foods, but be prepared for LO to not like them or gag/throw up.  Our ped said most kids she sees don't do we'll with the stage 3 foods.  We ended up just moving to table food at that point.  When we tried the stage 3 stuff DD either spit out all of the chunks or threw it all up.  She got 2 teeth at 6mo and then nothing until after a year.  They don't need teeth to chew.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babies don't really need teeth to eat small pieces of food. We gave DS small pieces of meat before he had teeth.

• Options
    Beechnut has stage 2 1/2 which DD loves.  Have you tried those?
  • Options

imagecerratocc:
    Beechnut has stage 2 1/2 which DD loves.  Have you tried those?

No, just Gerber so far. I may try those. It would probably be a good transition. 

• Options
    KisstyKissty member
    DS loves any and all foods.  He prefers table food to the puress though.  He doesn't have a problem with the Stage 3 and it looks like our children are around the same age.

imageimage 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"