High-Risk Pregnancy

when to switch from asprin to lovonox

I had a frozen egg transfer yesterday and will take a pregnancy test June 10. Due to my protein c deficiency, I take an asprin per day which the nurse at the fertility clinic told me to continue taking and then once I am pregnant, I will start lovonox injections. Is anyone in the same boat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when to switch from asprin to lovonox

• I take aspirin daily, pregnant or not. I always start my Lovenox injections the day I get my BFP, per my doctors instructions. So with my pregnancies, I've started Lovenox at 4 weeks and 4 weeks, 1 day. I'd double check with your doctor though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Some Drs will start you on Lovenox as soon as you get a BFP, others wait until they do an ultrasound. There are a lot of us here on blood thinners for a variety of reasons, scroll down a bit and you'll find the weekly Lovenox Ladies checkin, it's posted weekly on Wed or Thurs. Feel free to lurk or join in, fingers crossed for a BFP on June 10!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mae141mae141 member

I have MTHFR and I started lovenox when I started stims before IVF. I kept taking the baby aspirin as well. 

However, when I was still doing IUIs, my doctor said I wouldn't start it until after I got a BFP (which didn't happen). He said it would be fine to start by 6 weeks. I don't know why IVF was different.  

• Thank you! One more question..I started taking crinone yesterday after transfer. I know it helps to prevent miscarriage but nervous because I read you shouldn't take progesterone if you have clotting problems. The RE said it's ok but to follow up with hemotoligist who of course is on vacation and "unreachable" til Tues. Thoughts based
    on your experiences?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My reasons for being on blood thinners are different than most but I ended up staying on aspirin all the way through. My vascular surgeon kept talking about lovanox but never made the switch.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"