November 2012 Moms
Options

Skipping meals

I am doing solids 3x a day now. But some days we are out and about or he sleeps longer than usual so we miss a solid feeding. Do you think this matters?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Skipping meals

• Options
    I don't think it's an issue.
    Sometimes N chows down with enthusiasm while we eat. Other days, he couldn't care less.
    Yesterday he had ONE bite of egg and ONE bite of toast all day. One day last week, he ate half and egg, some toast, rice, steak, red pepper...
    Some days I am less hungry, so I figure the same works for him.
  • Options
    Same here! I'm trying to get DD to eat solids 3 times a day. She's great with my mom during the day and eats twice with her, along with her bottles of BM. By the time she's home with me after work, I have to play it by ear. Sometimes she doesn't seem interested in solids in the evenings. She just wants her milk. I don't stress about it. She's getting enough BM & solids everyday. She has two bottom teeth that broke through 4 weeks ago. I think more are coming soon because she's sooo fussy this week. When the other two emerged, she was so irritable, fussy and didn't want solids cause her gums hurt that week. Uggg...teething sucks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi said as long as LO is still getting 24-30 oz of milk/formula a day then we are good.  She said they still get most of their nutrition from their milk until about one.  I miss meals here and there but usually that means he is just getting another bottle in place of the solids. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We don't do any meals so I think you're fine.
  • Options
    imageJenner37:
    We don't do any meals so I think you're fine.

This for us too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageLuckylove23:
    imagekiraliz2:

imageMandJS:
    As long as baby is getting sufficient BM/formula, it's fine. 

Yes 

This. We are taking it slow with solids. Once a day.. Sometimes we miss if we are super busy.

This is me too. My pedi said g should work her way up and have 3 meals when she's 9 months.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jg1011jg1011 member
    imageChickie79:
    It's really fine.nbsp; My pedi said that we should TRY to get 3 solid meals a day, but missing one every now and then is no biggie.nbsp; LO still gets all the nutritional needs from formula until 12 months or so.nbsp;

This is my feeling too!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you offer enough milk I'm sure is ok
  • Options
    Not at all. If you still breastfeed, it should be just right. I first breastfeed and after one hour or so I offer solids, she's not taking a lot but still, breastmilk is the primary source when it comes for feeding. You should just make sure she gets enough breastmilk and find the right solids to offer. but I found this website https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem.It's my solids-bible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"