Two Under 2

Gift for big sister?

Little man is due in a little over a week and M is going to be 18 months on Sunday. I wanted to have something special for her to open "from" her little brother but I'm not sure what is appropriate? I feel like she is too young to really understand a "big sister" book... Maybe a simple doll? Would it be overkill to do a doll with a little car seat? Is she too young to understand that concept?

Help please :
Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Gift for big sister?

• I really like the idea of a gift for her, so she feels special too.  I never thought of that!  But at the same time, I think she is too young to understand that it is from her little brother.  At least, my 18 month old would not understand that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RizziBRizziB member
    My LO will also be 18 months when baby sister arrives in a couple weeks.  I'm giving her a soft baby doll and a teddy bear that has a "big sister" tee-shirt.  The baby doll will be her first so I'm hoping that even if she doesn't understand that it's a big sister gift, she'll enjoy having a baby to take care of like Mommy.  I also have a series of books about waiting for baby and becoming a sister that I read to her.  I don't think she understands yet, but I figure it's worth trying.
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD will be about 22m when DD2 arrives, but I started talking to her about the baby right away.  I don't think she totally understands but she loves her big sister books and her baby doll.  I got her a toy dog that barks and walks around--she loves dogs :)  Since she already has the big sister stuff, I figured I get her something else she loves. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"