Fever Question — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Fever Question

LO went to the doctor last Monday 5/20. She has a double ear infection and is on an antibiotic. She had a fever that day, then was fine. Sunday afternoon she popped up with a 102 degree fever. She was acting totally fine. Monday it was back and went up to 103. I took her to the doctor because I was concerned about the new fever while she was on an antibiotic already. He did a CBC, and said it looked fine and to finish antibiotics (we'll be done Thursday), then see how she was. This evening her fever was back to 102. She was a bit fussy this evening, but other than that has been acting fine. She has a stuffy/runny nose. Has anyone experienced this before? I guess I should count my blessings that she's acting fine, but...

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

Re: Fever Question

• sounds like a virus on top of the ear infection. the antibiotics aren't touching the virus and it seems like it has to run its course.

As long as the fever responds to tylenol or ibuprofen (even if it's .1 of a degree) it's okay.  I would wait until thursday or friday to take her to the dr if the fever hasn't broken.  Unless it starts getting higher or she starts acting lethargic or stops eating or drinking. I would try giving some pedialyte every day just to ensure she's hydrated.

DS1 had fevers of 105+ every 2 weeks for about 10 months so I've had a lot of fever experience. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I agree with the first reply.  If the ear infection was not responding to the antibiotics, the doctor would have noticed that on the second visit and probably would have prescribed a different antibiotic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Her fever finally went away on Thursday.  I guess it was just a virus. 

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards