August 2013 Moms

Maternity clothing

What is everyone wearing? I'm having such a hard time finding shorts I like. I like Bermuda shorts because I can't stand the way my legs look right now. I can't seem to find any with a beige fully belly. I feel like with the dark full panel can be seen through all my tops. I'm at a loss. What is everyone wearing for comfort but not something that it looks like you have been lounging around all day? Where is your go to place to shop for maternity clothing?

June 2010 - IVM
July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternity clothing

• I am wearing dresses. Love dresses.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Old Navy is my go-to. They're inexpensive, but still look nice. These have basically been my pregnancy uniform for the last few weeks:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=95685&vid=1&pid=333420022

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=65527&vid=1&pid=333423022

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5804&vid=1&pid=255406022

I have the capris w/ the dark panel as well, and as long as you put a tank top under your shirt, or the shirt's a little thicker or darker colored, you can't see it. 

Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a few pair at motherhood Maternity like you're describing.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I really like H & M maternity cause its inexpensive and looks like normal clothes. You don't have to sacrifice style for comfort. And like Jill said Old Navy is great too 
  • Lots and lots of maxi dresses with cute sandals.

I do own a few maternity bermuda shorts though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I found some shorts I want from motherhood but haven't gotten in there to buy them. They have Bermuda shorts to. I believe I saw some at old navy to. Targets are just way to expensive to me. Until I can get some shorts I have some gouchos I got from old navy that work great.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a few pairs from Motherhood Maternity with the beige colored belly. They are comfy! Dresses are great too, very comfy.

I like Target, Old Navy, and Burlington. I have ordered a few shirts from shadeclothing.com, although they are made rather thin and I have to wear a tank under.

• I just bought a pair of maternity capris at Ross, they were 13.99. I have also bought 3 maxi dresses from there and the most expensive one was 15.99. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • motherhood is the only place I've bought the beige full panel on shorts/capris. I have some liz lange target mat shorts that I love, they make two lengths for 24.99 - I tried on ON, but wasn't impressed, and they were 30-something in the store. ON's actually having a sale now on bermuda-length I believe with a full beige panel though.
    Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
  • I'm in comfy tops and tanks with the elastic sides, my belly band, and I'm still in my pre pg jeans and shorts.

Other than that, maxi dresses! Oh so comfy, and I have some long AND short ones.

Then flip flops. I haven't worn "real" shoes (aside to work) in about 3 months. 

• imageMissuskeekers:
    I am wearing dresses. Love dresses.

This! I said screw shorts. Normally I love shorts, I love my legs, but all maternity shorts Ive tried look weird

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have beige paneled shorts from ON. Pretty comfy. Other than that I'm wearing kahki pants with bright tanks or maxi dresses. And flip flops. I don't fit into Any shoes anymore!

• imageMissuskeekers:
    I am wearing dresses. Love dresses.

This is me too, but I never wore shorts nonpg either. I am petite but with an ample booty, so even bermudas look vulgar on me.

• I've been so blessed to have great friends loan me lots of maternity wear!

I have a pair of shorts from Gap someone loaned me that are perfect, not quite Bermuda, but longer than normal shorts! Love them!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I'm living in skirts and 2 pairs of jean capris and Jessica Simpson shirts, all from motherhood. The skirts are casual enough to wear on the weekend or to work with a dressier shirt. Shoes are all sandals at this point, nothing with straps.
    I did spend quite a bit on clothing but I also plan to have another baby so I figured I would use the same wardrobe next time around. Unless its in the dead of winter then Im screwed! Lol
  • Kohl's had a pair of full panel beige Bermuda shorts. They were really comfortable but I was only able to buy one pair of shorts that day so I went when a different pair. I may go back and get them at some point during this pregnancy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Elizabeth Paige born 8/11/13
  • I've bought a few longer skirts that have an elastic waist. I'm wearing them with simple tank tops. I've been wearing maxi dresses with cardigans to work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm mostly doing dresses and flowy skirts at this point, but I have always had good luck with both Old Navy and Target for maternity clothes. If you are ok with shopping online, ASOS.com and Zulilly usually have some good options.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I rotate about 45 pairs of pants and 5 tops for work. Outside of work, it's a dress!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Sick of spending $ on clothes I can't wear after another 3 mos. (until the next LO), I discovered that Old Navy Foldover jersey skirts and jersey "tamis" (tank/cami) make the perfect summer uniform. Also, crocs flip flops FTW.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• I spent the most money on my work wardrobe, as I have to adhere to a dress code, so no lounge wear for me. Aside from that, I have a couple of pairs of shorts from Motherhood Maternity and a few capris from JCPenney, as well. I do wear dresses or skirts quite a bit, though. They are just easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAlex+Noah:
    I just bought a pair of maternity capris at Ross, they were 13.99. I have also bought 3 maxi dresses from there and the most expensive one was 15.99. 

This exactly! I got a pair of tan bermuda shorts and a pair of black capris for work there.  $13.99 each

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm going to have to check out ON. There aren't too many stores around me that have maternity so it looks like i'll have to do some online shopping, which I hate!
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"