Pregnant after 35

Brown bleeding during "sexy time"

I am 4w5d today. Doctor confirmed our pregnancy on Tuesday. It's our/my first. It was unplanned by not prevented and completely welcome. I'm almost 36, and we are due Feb 1.

Despite my doctor's + test confirmation, all of my HPTs have had very light pink lines. VERY light. Except the EPT digital, which said very clearly, Pregnant (yay!) Even my test this morning was very light, almost unseen.

Last night during our "sexy time", I started bleeding brown blood. I had no cramping yesterday. This morning, there is still a little bit of brown spotting when I wipe only. I don't have cramping, but I have that dull feeling I get when my period is about to start, along with loose bowels (though, that's been constant and daily the last week or so). 

My understanding is that some spotting is normal, especially when no cramping is present, and that brown blood is old blood and nothing to worry about.

The light tests mixed with the light brown spotting and now this weird "feeling like my period will start" feeling, makes me worried. I 'm also feeling a little sick today

As my doctor says, "You have an 80% chance of not miscarrying." So I'm focused on the 80%, but still worried. 

Anyone have any thoughts or reassurances?  

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

Re: Brown bleeding during "sexy time"

• Spotting is very natural and normal. If you are concern however talk to your doc. I know if you have sex it it more likely. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You literally just described me at 5 weeks....After a little bit of over doing it (hiking up hills at camp) I started to bleed, mine was also dark in color and no cramping.  Since we had just lost one in Nov.  I thought it was the end of the world.  However the bleeding stopped by the time I got home Sunday night and my tests still showed that very faint pink line.  I am currently 8w1d and was able to hear the heartbeat last week.  Try your best to be hopeful and stay calm...get some extra rest and pamper yourself until you can get that first u/s!

GL!

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Loading the player...
  • GuennieGuennie member
    Your cervix is very sensitive right now. Some spotting after sex or an ultrasound is actually not uncommon. If it eases your mind, hold off on the sex until you get in to see your doctor. Try not to let your worries turn into anxiety, your body will have a better chance to support baby if you can find ways to relax and stay calm. I know it isn't easy. At this point it doesn't sound like bad news, though, so good luck and stay positive! Hugs!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I went through the same thing! I avoided sex and exercise and it started to decrease. It went on for almost 3 weeks. I'm 8 weeks today and its finally subsided. I went for ultrasound on Wed. And everything looked perfect. Take it easy and try not to stress. Everything will be fine :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"