October 2012 Moms

Clothing Question

What are your babies wearing for summer now that it's hot outside?

DD really only has onsies since all her clothes were hand me downs and I have only winter clothes. It hasn't been a problem since she's still using the infant carseat.  But we're going to be switching to the convertible carseat soon, so she'll be sitting in shopping carts, etc so it seems like she might need more than that, like shorts or something?

And what are you putting on their feet?

DD still is not crawling, so I usually just have her go barefoot since it's hot out. 

Re: Clothing Question

• DD still goes barefoot, as she isn't crawling yet either.  I am looking for a pair of sandals/sneakers for her today though!

I usually have her wear shorts and a t shirt or onesie.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • It's only been hot a few days here but when it was she wore a sundress or a creeper.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I usually just have her in a onesie and a pair of shorts. Have you seen those tank top onesies? She has so many cute sundresses but when she is trying to crawl and move her dress hangs down and her knees get caught in her dress.
  • I am a fan of le Romper

• I live in Phoenix where it's been hot for months.  The boys wear short sleeve onesies and light cotton pants (because R is crawling to protect his knees a little). When we go out they usually wear shorts or rompers.  No socks here, it's too hot. And no shoes yet.  
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

• Onesie with shorts. No shoes yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another one for rompers - I think they are so easy and cute.  No shoes or socks as it's been very hot here lately.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we're probably going to wear lots of onsies with little shorts, or rompers. Right now we're still wearing socks since our sandals are still a little too big, but as it gets warmer we'll probably just go barefoot.

• Tees / tanks with shorts, dresses, bubbles,  rompers...I try to keep a sweater with me if she gets chilly from the A/C.  She sleeps in a tee and a wool soaker or a onesie and knit pants/shorts.  She's starting to let go while cruising so I have a pair or two of Mary Janes in my car / bag along.  At home she's always barefoot and I only put shoes on her if we are out and she's going to be on the ground.
  • If we're out or at daycare, she wears an outfit. Dresses, rompers, shorts and shirts. If we're just at home she's usually in her PJ's or a onesie. If its not too hot, ill put socks on her. I also got her sandals but I haven't tried them on her yet.
  • AraDesiAraDesi member
    My plan was shorts and onesies. Unfortunately he's already gotten a heat rash, so he's taken to only wearing a diaper at home and daycare.
    IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• DS2 mainly wears rompers. We do have some pairs of shorts, a few t-shirts and some onesies. But the rompers are the easiest IMO. He has a pair of "sneakers" but he always ends up pulling them off, so he mostly goes barefoot. No point in wearing anything yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    Alice wears summer dresses now when we go out, or shorts. I keep her barefoot since she kicks off all shoes. Even in stores. ::gasp:: lol

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • AMT1107AMT1107 member

DS is wearing onesies with no socks or shoes right now.  He is crawling but we don't take him out, other than our house or my parents.  If we are at a restaurant he is in his booster/high chair and usual barefoot.  he loves to walk in the grass barefoot

Now that he is ready to start walking (he walks with our help but lately he wants to stand by himself - I fear walking is in the near future for us)- we are thinking about just getting socks with the rubber skids on the bottom.  He has a pair of flip flops that he likes to wear but the are a little too big for him to be walking in.  We also bought him a pair of velcro sneakers from Carters... they seem to stay on pretty well and he is able to walk in them

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Rompers or sundresses with bloomers

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"