December 2013 Moms
Options

Eating habits?

Ok  am now 13 wks 3 days and ever since i hit 8 weeks, my appitite has dropped drastically. I can only eat about half a bagel them I am full, or as soon as i make food i do not want to eat it let alone look at it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Does it go away? 

I have talked to my doctor about it, and she says it is nothing to worry about, but it feels like i am not eating enough. I take my prenatals everyday, and since i found out i was preg i have lost almost 10 lbs... But still my doc says its nothing to worry about.

Should I get a new doctor??

Re: Eating habits?

• Options
    Hail123Hail123 member
    This has just started happening to me too! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. I'm 12 weeks, and up until now I've been lucky about m/s and food issues. But all of a sudden, I can't eat anything. I don't think you need a new doctor, mine said the same thing. I guess these things come and go... I hope. It's probably bad if it goes on too long, but on the short term I think it's nothing to worry about. It's just super annoying! 
  • Options
    Im 10 weeks and this past week my eating has dramatically changed. I was eating/grazing all day long before. I would have random M/S but nothing concerning. As of this week I am down 12 lbs since finding out I was pregnant. the past 2 days Ive eaten maybe 2 small to medium meals each day and feel very full and out of breath after. I don't think the weight loss is a concern (at least for me) cause I was a bit overweight to begin with and from what Ive read unless your underweight you body has stored calories or something like that to make sure the baby gets what it needs. I don't get to see the doctor until 06/13. I would say if your doctor is not worried then try not to be yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your body will tell you when you need to eat. You don't need to gain weight in the first tri unless you're under weight.  If it was a concern your dr. would have said something. I would be more concerned with the lack of vitamins/minerals in the diet since your not consuming much. I would try to focus on eating quality food.  I don't think you need to switch doctors. 
  • Options
    esf60esf60 member
    Yes, I've lost my appetite. I just try to eat good, healthy food when i do want to eat. It's normal.

• Options
    hfitzhfitz member

I have no appetite plus throwing up so I'm definitely in the same boat.  My doctors told me not to worry about weight loss to a point.  

Are you literally just eating half a bagel a day or are you eating more than say 1000 calories a day?  

They were more worried when I lost 5 pounds in 2 days because I experienced level 4 ketosis due to not being able to eat and dehydration.  I've had to go to the hospital multiple times for that.  If you're literally eating half a bagel a day, I might worry about ketosis happening which isn't good when you're pregnant.  If you're eating an adequate amount but not as much as you're used to that's probably fine.

imageimage

• Options
    I eat more than half a bagel a day, it is just in one sitting, I will have a full bagel in front of me but i can only eat half of it. I am eating probably close to 1000 calories a day. I used to be able to eat 2 full plates of spaghetti and now I am lucky if I can hold down half a plate.

• Options

yesssss, i'm the exact same way. i've always been more of a BIG meal once or twice a day kind of girl, than just grazing all day. but now i get full SO QUICKLY and if i eat past that point, i feel horrible for the rest of the day/night. it's sad. 

h and i went out to dinner last night and i had some of the appetizer, and by the time our entrees got there, i took three bites of the veggies and had to ask for a box. no fun. 

my read shelf:
    Ashley 's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"