Parenting

Those who did 3 day PT

How many accidents did your kiddo have on each day? Did you move the potty (if you used a little one) to where it was accessible (in the living room, outside, whatever) or did you leave it in the bathroom since that's ultimately where you want them to do their business?

ETA also for anyone who has PT at all, did you get anything to put on the car seat in case of accidents for a newly trained LO just in case? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those who did 3 day PT

• We pt ds at 26 months doing a modified3day progr. Day 1 he would tell us he had to go but never made it in time, day2 got to the potty in time 50 percent and by day 3 no accidents. We use a potty ring only, no pull pull ups. We did get a piddle paddle for the car but never had an accident. But the longest trips we take are like 2 hours and we didn't go more than 20 mins the first month.
  • We also did a modified 3 day that started last Saturday.  We just took his potty to whatever room he was playing in and let him run around naked from the waist down.  He had 1 accident the first day, 0 on day two, 1 on day 3, and has had 1 accident each day at school - mostly poop accidents.  I don't know if the 3 day has zero diapers at all, but he's still sleeping in them for now.

For the car, I took a puppy training pad and cut a slit in it for the crotch strap to go through.  I'm kind of embarrassed about it, but it gets the job done.  With that being said, though, he hasn't had an accident in the car. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • We left the potty in the bathroom.  We had a bunch of accidents for the first two days, a few on day three and four, and by the fifth day he pretty much had it down but it definitely wasn't done in only three days.  Also, poop took about two weeks and we had quite an elaborate awards system for that.  Also, he night trained in one night which was amazing and totally unexpected so don't get your hopes up, LOL.  I thought we were going to have to go to pull ups or something but he hasn't peed in his bed once since that first night.  Um...that's about all I can think of.  Basically, it took slightly longer than three days but he has been good to go ever since so I am a big believer in the method.  We also didn't put anything in the carseat, we just have a rule that we always potty right before leaving the house and right before we get back in the car to go home, depending on how long it's been.

image image
  • imagecmeon_the_water:

Didn't do 3-day (honestly, I feel like I didn't PT at all- I just waited until the kids were really ready, and BAM, they were trained- ~3yo for both of them), but, we never had problems with accidents in the car. We just kept the trips short for the first couple of days, made sure they pottied before we left, and made sure we knew where the potties were when we got there. ;)

I know we all have our own way of doing things, and I don't begrudge anyone the chance to figure it out on their own, but, actually pottytraining really sounds like a PITA. ;)

Seriously, I would love that. And if this doesn't work now, I won't push it. But I've also heard horror stories about people that waited too long and now have issues with their 3.5 year old hiding poop in the house and stuff so I'm nervous about that. We also want to sign him up for a class in the fall that requires him to be PT so I'm hoping that he will be by then so he can do it. 

• imageamykins1283:
    We left the potty in the bathroom.  We had a bunch of accidents for the first two days, a few on day three and four, and by the fifth day he pretty much had it down but it definitely wasn't done in only three days.  Also, poop took about two weeks and we had quite an elaborate awards system for that.  Also, he night trained in one night which was amazing and totally unexpected so don't get your hopes up, LOL.  I thought we were going to have to go to pull ups or something but he hasn't peed in his bed once since that first night.  Um...that's about all I can think of.  Basically, it took slightly longer than three days but he has been good to go ever since so I am a big believer in the method.  We also didn't put anything in the carseat, we just have a rule that we always potty right before leaving the house and right before we get back in the car to go home, depending on how long it's been.

How old was he when you did it? 

Also, I've heard that you should make them help clean up if they have an accident but what if your LO likes cleaning? lol I seriously feel like DS will pee on the floor just because he wants to help clean it up. 

• Day one-approximately 5,000.

day 2-4

day 3- one early in the morning, then not another accident for like a month.  

I sat outside in the backyard with the potty close by so ds didn't pee all over my floors. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think he had 2 on the first day, 4 on the second, and maybe 2 on the third. He's been PT'd for a couple weeks now and he has at most 1 accident a day now, but he does go several days between accidents.

If only I could get him to stop revenge peeing when he goes in timeout...

And I do have a travel potty in the car. It's the one that can be either a free standing potty or collapses into a potty seat for the toilet. I like it because it folds pretty flat and can fit in my diaper bag.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsGoodkat:

imageamykins1283:
    We left the potty in the bathroom.  We had a bunch of accidents for the first two days, a few on day three and four, and by the fifth day he pretty much had it down but it definitely wasn't done in only three days.  Also, poop took about two weeks and we had quite an elaborate awards system for that.  Also, he night trained in one night which was amazing and totally unexpected so don't get your hopes up, LOL.  I thought we were going to have to go to pull ups or something but he hasn't peed in his bed once since that first night.  Um...that's about all I can think of.  Basically, it took slightly longer than three days but he has been good to go ever since so I am a big believer in the method.  We also didn't put anything in the carseat, we just have a rule that we always potty right before leaving the house and right before we get back in the car to go home, depending on how long it's been.

How old was he when you did it? 

Also, I've heard that you should make them help clean up if they have an accident but what if your LO likes cleaning? lol I seriously feel like DS will pee on the floor just because he wants to help clean it up. 

He was 26 months. Early for a boy but I decided to take advantage of an independent streak he was having.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"