Breastfeeding
Options

Fenugreek

Has anyone taken it and regretted it?  I'm noticing my milk supply seems to be slightly decreasing and I'm not sure why.  I'm contemplating taking this supplement and am curious if there are any major downsides?

Re: Fenugreek

• Options
    I smelled just like the pills. My husband said I smelled like a spice cabinet. Haha. It lasted for about 4 days after I quit taking them, and I only took them a few days.

I don't know if they worked or not, I didn't take them enough to notice. Sorry I'm not much help.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    It bothered my LO's stomach and made him extremely gassy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLitasail:
    It bothered my LO's stomach and made him extremely gassy.

This but it resolved within a day or two so regret is a strong word... Just take it slow
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Both LO and I had really bad gas while on it.  This was fine while I was at home, but not cool at work, haha.  Have you tried mother's milk tea?  It works really well and doesn't have the side effects of the pills.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've taken part of a bottle, ran out, and am now taking it again and honestly haven't had any wacky side effects. DD was fine too. Yes, my pits smelled like maple syrup, but that wasn't terrible to me since it was helping increase my supply. I noticed a marked increase in supply, so smelling like maple is worth it to me!!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    214198214198 member
    No major downsides besides the smell but didn't help me.
  • Options
    I took it for a 6-8 weeks -- no help to my supply, and I reeked of syrup the whole time. Also made my LOs (even more) gassy. Stopped taking it -- no negative impact to my supply from coming off of it -- but probably because I saw no help from it, either.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I EP and I've been using Fenugreek for about 2 weeks now (3 pills, 3 times a day) and only notice the smell (on me).  DS doesn't seem to have any issues with it. I started taking it because I got super sick with a stomach bug two weeks ago and my supply totally tanked. The Fenugreek seemed to take a few days, but between taking that and finally keeping fluids in my system, my supply jumped right back up!  I'm back to normal (where I can feed him a day's worth of milk and still freeze a feedings worth every day).  I say try it out for a few days and see if it helps.  If you notice any side effects that you're no comfy with, stop taking it.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member
    image214198:
    No major downsides besides the smell but didn't help me.

This. Domperidone, on the other hand, is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"