High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

** Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in **

This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Clexane, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.) This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.

What?s new this week? How is everyone feeling? How are your bruises? 

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

FYI: The mamas due in May have been removed from the listing, as their due dates were all at least a week or more ago, and I did not recognize any of the screen names as people who are checking in. June, you're at bat! I know a lot of people kind of stop participating in the check-in after they get a handle on doing shots and are further in to their pregnancy, but if you're almost due and still with us please keep sharing, and photos of those gorgeous babies once they arrive are always welcome; it reminds us all why we're putting up with this stuff and that there *is* a light at the end of the tunnel!

QOTW: Do you have an indulgence or "guilty pleasure" that adds a little fun to your week? Anything from trashy TV to that daily cup of coffee, what's the thing you do for *you* that brings you some joy?

Here is a link to our injection tips: 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68100369.aspx 

This is the current list of Lovenox Ladies:

Behapy2day (MTHFR) ? 6/1

Lauren201388 - 6/7  

xoxo1190 (previous DVT & PE) - 6/16 

hannahg (arterial bypass graft) - 6/18 

babycohen2013 (Previous DVT & PE) - 6/25 

KitT.Kat (Antithrombin III deficiency) ? 7/6

Velgomez (MTHFR) ? 7/6

CILLAJ8 (previous PE) ? 7/7

Jessalicious01 (FVL homo) ? 7/10

Casey78 (MTHFR) ? 7/11

Aurora317 (FVL, MTHFR, Prothrombin) - 7/14 

Millivanilli (APS) - 7/23

Narewien (LA) ? 8/23

katharine25 (MTHFR, Sjrogen's)- 8/23 

BeccaFegley (FVL, previous DVT) - 9/2 

sewingmomoffour (anticardiolipin atibody, previous PE) - 9/5 

DragonflyFree5 - 9/15 

kgauntt (previous DVT & PE, May-thurner Syndrome) - 9/16 

a2003tiger (previous DVTsPEs, MTHFR) - 9/17 

dandywarhol (previous DVT) - 9/25 

kobicou (MTHFR, Prothrombin II, AMA) - 9/? 

Alylove11 (FVL) - 10/7 

Lindsayb828 (FVL) - 10/13 

Jalee85 (APS) - 10/21 

RedheadBaker (previous PEs) - 10/26 

Pink714 (FLL, MTHFR, previous PE) - 10/26 

ericaw616 (FVL, Protein C deficiency) - 11/6 

Beathag (FVL) - 11/08 

aggieabbie02 (MTHFR) - 11/12 

Bonjay - 11/13 

Hopefullyamommysoon (lupus anticoagulant) - 12/? 

Jeanine1977 (MTHFR, prothrombin II, FVL) - 12/1

Mac2588 (FVL, protein S deficiency) - 12/5 

cnlmdl (MTHFR C677T) - 12/9 

mindym0731 (MTHFR, C677T, A129C) 12/16 

Kimyata (APS) - 12/18 

BeesKnees181 (previous PE) - 12/27 

Linz1233 (FVL) - 1/4 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ** Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in **

• Options

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for checking in last week, I always read everyone's responses, even if I don't respond to them all, and I want to thank you all very much for participating. I know there are a lot of people who would rather lurk than post, and all are welcome, but a big thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their stories and participate.

Everything's going along pretty well, I'm 33 weeks and am now seeing my OB weekly. Had a fetal non-stress test last week and Baby Shark passed with flying colors. He HATED it though, keps kicking at the monitor and moving away so it took about 35 minutes to get 20 min worth of tracings, but the OB was happy and commented that he's definitely an active little guy and doing well. All great news!

I seriously think this batch of Lovenox syringes I'm on was rubbed down on a sidewalk before packaging, they are so dull! I'm looking forward to switching to heparin in 3 weeks so I can use the tiny, lovely, lubricated insulin syringes for my injections. Yeah, I'll be back on Lovenox for the 6 weeks after I give birth, but I'll take any reprieve from the dull needles & sting of the medicine I can get.

My indulgence *was* a cup of coffee each morning, but as baby is getting bigger I'm having more acid & reflux issues, so I'm trying to limit my coffee & tea intake. :-( I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies last week and have been enjoying the heck out of them, there is one left from last week's batch so yesterday I made some more dough, which I'll bake up later today. 

• Options
    I haven't posted in a while. My vascular surgeon actually opted to keep me on aspirin rather than putting me on lovenox which I am not complaining about. I am 37 weeks now so in the home stretch. Can't wait to meet baby girl!!
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehannahg:
    I haven't posted in a while. My vascular surgeon actually opted to keep me on aspirin rather than putting me on lovenox which I am not complaining about. I am 37 weeks now so in the home stretch. Can't wait to meet baby girl!!

Lucky! I'm allergic to aspirin, so there's no way I'd be able to do that, I'm jealous. Congrats on 37 weeks, you're so close!
  • Options
    imageRedheadBaker:
    Shots: Same old, same old

QOTW: I treat myself to a Starbucks latte or macchiato and a croissant every Friday on my way to work.

YUM. Now I want Sbux...
  • Options

I have very little to report Lovenox wise, other than everything is going great. I can still reach my love handles, so no bruising from the shots :) I did fall about a week ago and got a really bad bruise on my ankle, and I suspect it's much worse than it would have been sans lovenox, but c'est la vie. I can't believe I'm here int he third trimester! Need to start actually getting serious about this baby preparation thing

I have about a half to full cup of coffee every morning. I never really developed a distaste for it with this pg. I only feel guilty when I indulge in an afternoon one Embarrassed

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe how close I am! I've wanted this for so long! I'm seeing 3 different Dr.'s and I think they are finally all on the same page. This makes me feel better as we approach the end. The lovenox hasn't been too bad. I'm glad it's only once a day. I've had some pretty bad swelling in my hands and feet. OB seemed concerned last visit. I see him again Thursday and will most likely be taken out of work. It's so hard for me to sit and rest when there is a lot to do to get ready for baby boy's arrival.
    I'd have to say my indulgence is also coffee. Usually an iced coffee from Starbucks on the weekends. And I do have a cup at home 3 or so mornings a week. Some say to avoid caffeine altogether but I can't and feel a little guilty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Let's see I'm at 20 weeks now! And 2ndweek of Heheparin shots... the bruises became so.many I ran out of room to do them... I'm still bruising huge areas very deeply. I may have to try the ice pak method! I have been sick last few days and haven't attempted my shots... I wish MH could help me but he's afraid he will hurt me... it seems I have so many sensitive spots when I poke and if ignore that then injecting is even more painful! I also am riddled in old stretch marks where I also can't inject :sigh: I know I need to suck it up but its hard when I'm sick!
    I love to go get something to eat out like at Arbys!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Had a great appointment this week and finally announced my pregnancy on FB. I'm starting to allow myself to feel excitement. I see my perinatologist on the 12th and am hoping to find out if my baby is a boy or a girl.

AOTW: my guilty pleasure has been a chili dog this week. It was damned good too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"