Potty Training

Recommend your potty chair for girls?

I have the Baby Bjorn but she doesn't seem to like it that much.

Re: Recommend your potty chair for girls?

• That's the one we have as well (well, we have 2 of the smaller version, not the one with the high back). She pretty much didn't care about them or potty training until the day she PT'd herself. I had pondered investing in another potty but decided against it and I'm glad I did because now she loves them (OK, love might be a strong word but she really likes them a lot). She just didn't care about ANY potty until she was ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe take her to the store and let her pick out one? Or maybe she'll do better with a potty ring that sits on the toilet? We have an ikea potty and it is fine. We haven't officially started potty training yet though.
  • Loading the player...
  • We only use potty rings for DD2. We had 2 from DD1, and I bought a special Dora one for DD2. They're just the basic kind that you can find at Walmart or Target.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • LC122LC122 member
    I also recommend taking your LO to the store to pick out one they like.
    We got the Boon Potty Bench and we all like it.
    It doubles as a stool and has storage on the sides for toys or books. It also has a tissue dispenser but we don't use that because tissue paper is too much fun right now.
    FWIW, we did EC and started out with the seats that go over the potty. We unrelatedly needed to replace our toilet seat and found one that has a magnetized insert, which I LOVE. It's made by Bemis. The seat toppers are just easier to me; everything goes directly in the toilet, no rinsing or disposing of anything. We had a GI virus that resulted in a pause from EC and then some resistance to the potty seat. I read that toddlers like to keep their feet on the floor and sure enough as soon as we got the floor potty, we were back in business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"