Military Families

pcs orders

We have gotten orders to PCS before but never this far out. Has anyone else ever received orders 7 months out? I was told that some are further out because of financial hardship on the military. In the past our orders were around a 3 month time frame or less.
DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pcs orders

• You can start picking orders at 9 months out, sometimes even farther.  H got his last orders at 8 months out.
  • We just got our OCONUS orders 9 months out and then he got the report no later than date extended another two months, but was only able to because he is deployed right now and needed to do ALS training when he got home so we needed more time.
  • Loading the player...
  • We already know we're headed to Hood in July 2014!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got 7 months notice of where I was going, then got my orders about 5 months out.  That's normal for what I do.  So yes, it happens.  Depends on your rank and job.  
  • We've always found out at least a year in advance. The last two times we've know about 15 months in advance.
    TTC#1 since Dec. 2010- 12/2011 Hyperthyroid with Grave's
    10/2012= DX unexplained IF
    IUI #2- 4/25/13- BFP 5/9/13- CP
    IUI#4- 9/3/13- BFP 9/17/13- EDD 05/27/14
    First ultrasound 10/8/13- 7weeks 130bpm
    12/23/13 18 weeks 152bpm BABY GIRL!
    Annabel Rose
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We got orders end of July we got here March so it was 7 months for us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    I've seen people get orders that far out when I was in the AF. We are pcsing in November and it was about 6 months out when we found out. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • We found out in April 2011 that we would PCS OCONUS in March 2012. I believe we had hard copy orders in July or August. However, we were so far out that the orders had to be amended multiple times (we had our son between the time the orders were cut and the time we moved, plus our pinpoint location in Germany changed).

ETA: we expect to have 6+ months notice on our next TWO moves, spanning the next 3-4 years. It honestly depends on the assignment(s) and where the MM is in his/her career.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"