TTC After a Loss
Options

Newbie/Intro

This is a C&P from my intro on the pregnancy loss board, but I thought that I would intro here as well.

It has taken me a little time to actually be ready to do this. On April 1st of this year my husband and I had a miscarriage. I was 6 weeks along. The pregnancy was not planned, but we were happy none the less. Losing the pregnancy was extremely hard. My husband and I have always wanted a family. I started to let myself get really excited about our future baby. Seemed like everyone around me was getting pregnant and I was over the moon to be having a little one of my own. I had been trying to not get too excited about the pregnancy because I was afraid that I would end up having a miscarriage. 

The morning of April first I woke up feeling fine. Went to work like I normally do. While at work, I gave in and bought my first items for the baby. Half way through the day, I went to the bathroom for the 10th time. It was then that I saw bleeding. It had really been my fear. I kept checking the TP every time I tinkled because I was afraid of bleeding. I began to freak and left work immediately. On my way home I called the hubby and had him meet me at home so that we could go to the hospital together.  

To make a long story short, I ended up losing the pregnancy that night. I've been sad from time to time since then. It kills be that it had to be on April fools day. Feel a little like the world and my body played the cruelest joke on me. The day the items that. Had ordered for the baby arrived, I cried the second I saw them. They sit in the back of my closet now. 

I didn't go back on b/c after the miscarriage. I guess a part of me is afraid that it'll in some ways make it difficult for me to get and stay pregnant.  

Re: Newbie/Intro

• Options

I'm very sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.  I hope you find support here.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. This board is a wonderful place to find support. Please check out the TTCAL blog https://www.ttcalblog.blogspot.com/ and look through the posts there. It's full of great info for someone new to this position. Again I am sorry for your loss. 

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SerenlaSerenla member
    ::hugs:: I'm sorry for your loss.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SA1112SA1112 member
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Options
    imageVeganlady:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome. I can relate about the baby items. I made it to 10 weeks and my pants started not to fit (bloat, I'm sure). I bought a couple of maternity things and then my loss happened. They arrived afterward and I did the same thing you did, stuffed them in the closet where they sit.

I hope we both get to dig those things out again soon.

the day I miscarried, I told my hubby that I felt like a fool for ordering them. I had been saying that I wasn't going to buy anything until we were in the clear, but I got so excited and gave in. Felt like a slap in the face later that day. I literally started to bleed like... an hour or so after I placed the order. 

I hope we do to! I'll be keeping you in my prayers.  

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    delatldelatl member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome. I too have a bunch of pregnancy things in a box (we just moved). Gingerale, preggy pops, etc. I had my first episodes of morning sickness the day before we heard no heartbeat. It is still hard to look at those.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"