Working Moms

End of Year daycare gifts?

Techincally the school part ends next week and the camp part starts next week.  Anyone getting end of year gifts for daycare teachers?  Just wondering if I'm nuts....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: End of Year daycare gifts?

• litzo27litzo27 member
    I am because DS1 is finishing up this daycare and not coming back in the fall. I got a specific toy from our heritage for the pre-K room and plan to get gift cards for teachers and the director (gave teachers Christmas cards as well).
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll respond since I was a daycare worker for 7 years. We love gift cards (I loved Starbucks ones).  But I will say... In my opinion, no candles please! I LOVE candles, but it was seriously all I ever received. I have more candles than I know what to do with. Again, just my 2 cents. Just the fact that you are giving a gift is very kind. Most parents don't. Also, just a card with kind words means a lot too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • No I am not getting gifts, just b/c they call it "camp" its not like anything is changing, they will still be there every day with the same teachers.  We also just had teacher appreciation week.  I will probably get gifts at the end of summer when my kids move up to the next class.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm not because her teachers are the same. I usually give end of year gifts and gifts when she "graduates" to the next room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I struggle w this bc our daycare moves kids up in June (next week) instead of August...so I feel like I just gave them a bunch of things a couple weeks ago and ow not really sure. I typically do gift cards but I thought maybe something smaller and more personalized for leaving since it is more sentimental...also one teacher has been in there the full year and th other like 6 weeks so I don't know what to do about that.

so to answer your question, unless you are switching rooms I wouldn't do anything. 

• imagelaurenrenee80:
    I'll respond since I was a daycare worker for 7 years. We love gift cards (I loved Starbucks ones).  But I will say... In my opinion, no candles please! I LOVE candles, but it was seriously all I ever received. I have more candles than I know what to do with. Again, just my 2 cents. Just the fact that you are giving a gift is very kind. Most parents don't. Also, just a card with kind words means a lot too. 

Also as a former child care teacher I will add that switching from the school year program to the summer program was never a time when I received gifts unless the child was leaving the center.

Stick to Teacher Appreciation Week and Christmas (and maybe when the child moves to a different room).  And yes, a heartfelt card, a framed photo or other sentimental item means a lot and is cherished longer than a candle, lotion or gift card!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am! DS is officially finishing at his school in June.  He will be home most of the summer and going to Kindie in the fall, so I plan to give cards and gift cards to his teachers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"