November 2013 Moms
Options

Pets

Has anyone's pets been acting different since you have been pregnant?
My boxer won't leave my side and needs to lay next to me at all times.. It's pretty sweet, but he tries to lay on my belly which isnt going to happen. And my German Shepherd has been ULTRA protective of me. He doesn't like anyone other than people he knows getting too close.

Re: Pets

• Options
    Yep! I have a small Cocakpoo that normally likes to cuddle and now he wants to snuggle a little closer?he tends to curl up next to my belly now :)
  • Options
    Our corgi has been extra lovey to me. I'm fearless leader and DH is cuddle buddy usually. Lately I've had lots of puppy loves in addition to being fearless leader.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MLC54MLC54 member
    My schnauzers have been extra snuggly and have been guarding me like crazy lots of barking when I walk them...
  • Options
    All of 4 of my dogs had been VERY attached to me... More so than usual and much more protective of me until one of them got hit by a car and passed away on Tuesday... That threw the other three off and we got a new puppy on Wednesday so that REALLY three them off. I'm thankful for the new puppy though... Being pregnant and losing the dog I had since college was WAY too tough and still is but the new one keeps me occupied so I don't think about it too much.
  • Options
    My basset hound is the same way always laying up close hubby is away in Siberia with work so I don't mind the snuggling :
  • Options
    imageEdvoncupacake:
    Our corgi has been extra lovey to me. I'm fearless leader and DH is cuddle buddy usually. Lately I've had lots of puppy loves in addition to being fearless leader.

I have a corgi too!  She's also been really lovey and always lays her head on my chest or belly now, but is careful not to step all over me.  We also have 3 cats...2 of them don't really care, the other has been ridiculously lovey, headbutting my hand and constantly trying to cuddle despite me not being in the mood a lot in the first trimester due to morning sickness.  Now that i'm almost 17 weeks my nausea's mostly gone, so i'm more cuddly feeling which he seems to be super happy about.  My lizard doesn't really care either way either though lol.
  • Options

imageEdvoncupacake:

I have a corgi too!! They are the best. I haven't noticed much change in her so far though. She still would rather play than snuggle most of the time :)

• Options
    Yay Corgi people! Thankfully he's staying off of me. He curls up into my side instead. He'd totally rather play than snuggle though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cagoldicagoldi member

I thought my dog would start to get extra cuddly because she has always been protective of me, but she doesn't seem to act much differntly than before.

What surprised me is how much my cat seems to wants to lay by my stomach now. He has always been supe snuggly, but now he goes out of his way to stay by my tummy.

• Options
    My kitty has always been my baby and cuddle buddy, but even more so now that I'm pregnant. It used to annoy me, but since he got out earlier this week and I thought he was gone forever, I'm ok with it. I'd rather deal with it than not having him here at all :)
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    Our shepherd rescue has always been a "momma's boy" but he has been much more clingy since my BFP (he is actually one of the reasons I knew I was pregnant before I took a test-- he was acting weird and obsessively sniffing my pee-- weird pup!).  He is being jealous and a little territorial recently since we set up the nursery.  One day while DH and I were at work he peed a spot (to mark it) on the rug in the nursery.  Someone is getting jealous!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Actually I have not noticed a difference at all. My corgi mix is very well behaved except that she is a jumper. I was hoping something would tell her to be more gentle but it hasn't. It's okay for now, she is only 30lbs but it concerns me for when LO comes. I don't even know what to do to get her to stop.. Everything I have tried was a complete failure!
  • Options
    imagecagoldi:

I thought my dog would start to get extra cuddly because she has always been protective of me, but she doesn't seem to act much differntly than before.

What surprised me is how much my cat seems to wants to lay by my stomach now. He has always been supe snuggly, but now he goes out of his way to stay by my tummy.

My cat was snuggly before.  But now he wants to be on my belly all the time.  And at night, he used to sleep at my feet, now he curls up next to my belly (I'm a side sleeper).  

My dogs have been paying much more attention to me lately as well (they used to be daddy's girls).  And they are getting very protective of me.  We actually are going to hire a behaviorist because the little one bit the big one the other day and drew blood.  That's no bueno.  So we have to nip that in the bud.  We're also not allowing the dogs on the couches anymore in preparation of the little one coming.

~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"