2nd Trimester
Options

we thought we named our son....

until we found another name we love! 

Either Jett Emery or Crew Emery

It seems like people on the name board hate both names- EEK. (guess all that is important is we love them) 

Re: we thought we named our son....

• Options
    esf60esf60 member
    yeah, Emery is the only one I like out of those 3. but you're right, if you like it, it's your choice.

• Options
    I met a guy the other day with a son named Ozzie. He said people either love it or hate it and there doesn't seem to be an in between. Choose the name you like best. That's one of the perks of being the parent! ;
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageecochicwife:

It seems like people on the name board hate both names- EEK. (guess all that is important is we love them) 

I'm not a huge fan of Jett or Crew, although Emery is nice.

It is important that you and baby's dad love the name, but it definitely isn't "all" that is important.  Choosing a name for another human is an big task - so it's also important to consider what it would be like for your child to go through life with potential names.  What will other's first impressions be if they saw the name on a job application/resume?  Will he/she have to correct people on the pronunciation/spelling on a regular basis?  Just some other things to consider.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    out of the two i would say Jett, but neither are my style, but you're right: you're the parents it's your decision!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I really like both names.  Both are pretty new names meaning they haven't been around very long and there aren't many people that have those names.
  • Options
    they arent as bad as Rayn pronounced rain WTH... my sister in law is wacko
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    They're NMS but if you love them that's all that matters. 

• Options
    Assuming you wanted opinions (because you posted here), I know of one other Jett born this year.  It's NMS, but I like it much better than Crew.
  • Options
    What is wrong with people today?
  • Options

imagerbtrumpet:
    Assuming you wanted opinions (because you posted here), I know of one other Jett born this year.  It's NMS, but I like it much better than Crew.

And, I know a couple who named their oldest son Camden and the youngest Crew...  I can't take them seriously.  I really can't.

OP, what about Cruz?

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jett is adorable
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I personally love names that I have rarely heard or never heard Jett Crew would be adorable I think.
  • Options
    brea311brea311 member
    I have a friend who named his firstborn Jetty.  I didn't get it (wasn't sure if it was short for something), but I like different names.  And how can a name be improperly spelled?  Do you know how many people just make up names?  I mean really...look at all those names with "high commas" in them...totally made up.  It doesn't make it wrong.  Advice:  never tell anyone what names you are thinking about (its hard enough to decide between you and the husband!) and when the baby comes and you tell everyone the name, they will love it and fawn all over how unique it is because there is a beautiful little baby boy attached to that name :)
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    imageecochicwife:

I love Jett! It's actually on my short (ok..it's kind of long) list. :) Not a big fan of Crew, but I don't hate it or think it's horrible. I don't see either of them being names that will be made fun of. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Honestly I don't care for either- but if I had to pick I would say Jett.  But truly neither are my style. 
  • Options

Lol, my Dh is a pilot, so I could just imagine the ribbing we'd get if we named our kid Jett or Crew. Even worse, what if DS decided to become a pilot later in life himself.  And on our flight crew today is Jett/Crew....

I do like Emery though.

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    Am I the only one who's not sure if you are trying to name a boy of a girl?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imagebrea311:
    I have a friend who named his firstborn Jetty. nbsp;I didn't get it wasn't sure if it was short for something, but I like different names. nbsp;And how can a name be improperly spelled? nbsp;Do you know how many people just make up names? nbsp;I mean really...look at all those names with "high commas" in them...totally made up. nbsp;It doesn't make it wrong. nbsp;Advice: nbsp;never tell anyone what names you are thinking about its hard enough to decide between you and the husband! and when the baby comes and you tell everyone the name, they will love it and fawn all over how unique it is because there is a beautiful little baby boy attached to that name :

And by "high commas" do you mean apostrophes?

Yes, names can be spelled improperly. Just because someone makes something up and attaches it to a human doesn't make it a proper name.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Kfran84Kfran84 member
    imageLiz4444:
    imagebrea311:
    I have a friend who named his firstborn Jetty. nbsp;I didn't get it wasn't sure if it was short for something, but I like different names. nbsp;And how can a name be improperly spelled? nbsp;Do you know how many people just make up names? nbsp;I mean really...look at all those names with "high commas" in them...totally made up. nbsp;It doesn't make it wrong. nbsp;Advice: nbsp;never tell anyone what names you are thinking about its hard enough to decide between you and the husband! and when the baby comes and you tell everyone the name, they will love it and fawn all over how unique it is because there is a beautiful little baby boy attached to that name :

And by "high commas" do you mean apostrophes?

Yes, names can be spelled improperly. Just because someone makes something up and attaches it to a human doesn't make it a proper name.

I'm dying at high commas.

The fact that PP doesn't think names can be misspelled does not surprise me at all. High commas!! Hahaha

FTR, I kind of dig Crew. It would be on my guilty pleasure list with Beau and Boyd.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

high commas might be the most entertaining thing I have read today...and that includes posts about Wynsdai and Au'BreaLei (or whatever) as names.  

• Options
    They are both way too trendy for me, personally. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options

imagebrea311:
    I have a friend who named his firstborn Jetty.  I didn't get it (wasn't sure if it was short for something), but I like different names.  And how can a name be improperly spelled?  Do you know how many people just make up names?  I mean really...look at all those names with "high commas" in them...totally made up.  It doesn't make it wrong.  Advice:  never tell anyone what names you are thinking about (its hard enough to decide between you and the husband!) and when the baby comes and you tell everyone the name, they will love it and fawn all over how unique it is because there is a beautiful little baby boy attached to that name :)

SMH. Please go back to school.

• Options
    NMS at all.  I've never understood name polls.  Who gives a $h!t what a bunch of strangers think about the name you've chosen?  
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Options
    I really dislike Crew... it doesn't sound like a name to me. However, I have a friend named Jetson, people call him Jet for short, and I love his name and so does he. 
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    imageCNYBride05:
    NMS at all.  I've never understood name polls.  Who gives a $h!t what a bunch of strangers think about the name you've chosen?  

Yes

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I'm not really into them either. But if you go with Jett I like it spelled with the TT at the end. 

The good news is if none of us like it, you know your son won't be in a classroom full or kids named Jett or Crew! 

• Options
    Jett Emery is way cute!!!!
  • Options
    It's your kid who cares if anyone else likes it. They can F off! Think about what makes you and The Daddy to be happy and that is all that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"