October 2013 Moms

Help, I'm pregnant and can't do anything for myself...

Why is it that people assume that you are some fragile porcelain doll when you are pregnant?? A friend of mine on FB was like "Why are you out there mowing the lawn??" or "Why did you spray for weeds?" Cause I can. I'm not broken, I'm knocked up. I don't need someone to do crap for me, I can do it my damn self.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
    DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help, I'm pregnant and can't do anything for myself...

• I was at my friend's parent's house today so my friend could fax something super quick. I was standing there and his mom was like, "Sit down. Here let me get you a chair." And then put 2 cushions on it! And then asked if I needed water or a snack. I get that she was just being polite and making sure I was comfortable, but I was thinking, jeez, I can stand and not need to eat for 5 minutes.
  • That is how my husband has been acting but it's kinda nice because he keeps cleaning the house lol
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepetdocd:

I don't see a problem with the lawnmower. What does the person think? The vibrations will shake the baby loose?

I would stay away from the weed killer though. There are some pretty nasty chemicals in there.

The first thing that came up with google

https://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicHealthPolicy/EnvironmentalHealth/35022 

I wanted to spread fertilizer using a push spreader where I wouldn't have touched anything and DH was like absolutely not and insisted on doing it for me, which I guess is a good thing.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made sure I showered immediately afterwards and I really didn't come in contact with it., it was in a sprayer and I waited till the wind finally died down so it didn't blow everywhere. I've been asking the hubs to do it, but he hasn't and our HOA are Nazi's and send you nasty grams the minute you have a weed in your gravel.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• lefnc82lefnc82 member
    I get that at work a lot, they why'd you pick that box up.  Well, it's b/c I still can!  I know my limits people!  Sort of like when we talk about painting the nursery, and DH doesn't want me to help paint.  Well tough, I love to paint and as long as we have the room well ventilated I can help!!  I appreciate that people want to help me but I've always kinda been the if I need help I'll ask, that hasn't changed being pregnant!

• When I was pregnant with DS and I was around family nobody would let me carry ANYTHING... sometimes even my purse! HA! I say milk it for ALL it is worth... You can obviously do it, but why when someone else is willing to do it for you?? Enjoy it while you can because it won't last for long. And when #2 comes, people don't give a shiznit anymore and you have to do EVERYTHING! So milk milk milk!
  • I'm getting a lot of this too. It drives me crazy. I am a do-er and find it impossible to just sit around and give orders. If I want something done, I'm gonna do it. I'm pregnant not invalid.
  • I am starting to wish this would happen. I get stuck running all over the store to the point where I started getting light headed and dizzy today while a coworker sits on her bum. Oh poor baby her feet hurt and may have health problems, but she's too lazy to use her health insurance and go to the doctor. (family business, it's their grandaughter, and her Mom finally drug her to the doctors. She is 25 years old. If her feet hurt that bad, she can take herself!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• At our BBQ last weekend, I swear every 5 seconds MH's grandma would say "You shouldn't be lifting that? Do you need help? Why don't you have a seat? Do you want to sit in the shade?" I was finally like "Nana, I'm pregnant not crippled".
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • I feel like I get extremes - people either think I'm fragile and will break if I even lift a chair or they have no concept or understanding that there are indeed some things I need to cut back on or not partake in for the next 5 months.
  • I'm personally tired of all the, "WAAAH!!!! My SO isn't understanding what I'm going through and isn't supportive AT ALL because he does A, B, C, and D!!!!" Well, no sh!t they don't understand. That's why you're the one that's knocked the f!ck up and not them.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Step away from the weed killer!  Even when the wind is not blowing you will be inhaling some of that & it may absorb into your skin & then blood system before you have time to shower. 
  • imagemobilejen:
    Step away from the weed killer! nbsp;Even when the wind is not blowing you will be inhaling some of that amp; it may absorb into your skin amp; then blood system before you have time to shower.nbsp;

Oh he!l....
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really believe this is because so many pregnant women do complain and do expect people to do everything for them. I hate when someone makes reference that I am only upset because I am pregnant. Yes, I know pregnant women are hormonal but not everything can be blamed on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"