January 2014 Moms

This is why you don't want an early u/s

I went in for my first ultrasound this morning.  I KNEW it was really early, and was shocked that my practice agreed to see me at 6w1d, but DH is traveling next week when I would have been closer to 7w, so they said I could come today.  Well after a long (quiet) time of searching around what she first thought was a cyst she later said had to be a gestational sac.  It looked empty.  She said not to worry, my dates could be off (doubtful as I used a ovulation predictor kit) or it was just too early for a fetal pole. She drew betas and will repeat on Monday.  I know logically it is ok to see an empty sac this early but my heart wants to worry.  Looks like it will be a long weekend!  Sigh.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: This is why you don't want an early u/s

• Did they do it on your stomach or transvaginally? That can make a difference in how clear it is to see something. I had many early ultrasounds with my last pregnancy because I was ivf. It's hard to see something that early.
    Due 10/4/2015 with my third
  • Yes, please do not worry!  6w1d is REALLY early to see much on an u/s hun.  My OB won't even do them until after 7 weeks for this very reason... it causes unnecessary worry!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Oh ya don't stress right now!! That is super early. Especially since implantation could occur later and those few days mean a lot in embryo time. Fingers crossed for a great heartbeat and big baby next u/s!
  • image3xmamaC:
    I went in for my first ultrasound this morning.  I KNEW it was really early, and was shocked that my practice agreed to see me at 6w1d, but DH is traveling next week when I would have been closer to 7w, so they said I could come today.  Well after a long (quiet) time of searching around what she first thought was a cyst she later said had to be a gestational sac.  It looked empty.  She said not to worry, my dates could be off (doubtful as I used a ovulation predictor kit) or it was just too early for a fetal pole. She drew betas and will repeat on Monday.  I know logically it is ok to see an empty sac this early but my heart wants to worry.  Looks like it will be a long weekend!  Sigh.

I have to say I'm in the SAME boat. I was 6 weeks when I went in with mine and was told it was either too early or it was a blighted ovum. Since I just had a m/c in March, I started freaking out.  My last beta doubled in 56 hours, so I'm hopeful, but still worried. 

Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStephanie185:
    Oh ya don't stress right now!! That is super early. Especially since implantation could occur later and those few days mean a lot in embryo time. Fingers crossed for a great heartbeat and big baby next u/s!

I agree. Even if you know when you ovulated, implantation could have been later in your cycle. FX for good numbers!

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • This happened to me and I'm still here. My ultrasound was showing a week behind where I thought it should be. I used opk's, temped, felt the implantation and had implantation bleeding. I was SURE.

I had a follow up ultrasound yesterday and everything progressed perfectly from the last one. I'm still 5 days behind where I thought but whatever. If it looks ok then I'm ok with it.

So don't worry yet!
  • Thanks ladies!  Reading your responses is encouraging.  Nothing I can do about it if it was not meant to be but still really hopeful.  I will just have to keep busy for the next couple of days to keep my mind off it!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image3xmamaC:
    Thanks ladies! nbsp;Reading your responses is encouraging. nbsp;Nothing I can do about it if it was not meant to be but still really hopeful. nbsp;I will just have to keep busy for the next couple of days to keep my mind off it! nbsp;

Good luck with staying busy! My prayers are with you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first u/s was at 5w 5d and we pretty much just saw an empty sac also. I knew it was early but its so hard to not let yourself worry. I have my next one this week on Wednesday and should be 6w 4 days and I pray we see more this time. I hope your next ultrasound shows much more also!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im in the same boat. Couldn't see a thing besides the egg. Ten I started reading online and have read everything they are saying to you, multiple times over. I wish I had just waited to get the US, because all it did was worry me. Thank god for this site or I'd still be panicked. 

married 3/3/12----- Alanson Kavi born 1/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"