September 2013 Moms

Face products

I need to switch up brands. What are you using and liking for face moisturizers and cleansers that are safe during pregnancy? Also, I've read that various SPFs can be bad. Anyone with knowledge? Thanks in advance!

Re: Face products

• I'm still using my Clinique. Love it!
  • direy25direy25 member
    I didn't change my routine.  I use Origins Checks & Balances face wash and Bare Minerals moisturizer.
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The Burt's bees moisturizer is great! It's always been a favorite of mine
  • Alba cleanser, Witch Hazel for a toner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Fresh Farmacy soap and Breath of Fresh Air toner from Lush, and Aveeno moisturizer.
  • Olay all the way! I've found that the best thing is to keep all of your products from the same brand. That's what has worked best for me after years of trying to get better skin. I also try to stick to the same 2 to 3 brands for make up, especially face make up!!!
  • I didn't switch up my routine at all. I use Clean & Clear morning burst (the orange one) in the morning. I've used it for yearssss, I try and switch off of it but I just love it. At night, I use Aveeno Foaming Face Cleanser, love that too. I just use Garnier Fructis daily moisturizer. Still haven't found one that I'm in love with.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use First Aid Beauty (FAB). You can get it at Sephora or online. It has done wonders for my hormonal acne and dry skin!!
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use origins and josie maran products. Natural.
  • I also use MK.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLoppy19:
    I'm using the Belli brand face wash because my old face wash had salicyclic acid in it and that's not safe for pregnancy.

As long as you arent leaving it on your face for prolonged periods of time then the whole salicyclic acid thing itsnt 100% true. MFM and my OB told me that washing your face once or twice a day for less than a minute will cause no harm to the baby.

To answer the question I use a botanical cleanser in the morning and a nutrogena cooling scrub in the evening.

• This! My dr said as long as you aren't using these products constantly its totally safe. When I stopped using a bi of s.acid I started breaking out terribly. Clinique is a trusted brand so I feel perfectly safe using it once a day.
  • Are you quoting someone?
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Yes silly mobile app!

Was quoting that the dr said its ok. Mine did too.
  • imageLoppy19:
    imageJocelynB0911:

imageLoppy19:
    I'm using the Belli brand face wash because my old face wash had salicyclic acid in it and that's not safe for pregnancy.

As long as you arent leaving it on your face for prolonged periods of time then the whole salicyclic acid thing itsnt 100% true. MFM and my OB told me that washing your face once or twice a day for less than a minute will cause no harm to the baby.

To answer the question I use a botanical cleanser in the morning and a nutrogena cooling scrub in the evening.

It was on the list to avoid from my OB this pregnancy, so I switched. My skin is too sensitive for it right how anyways. I take enough class C medication for HG, so I'm extra cautious about the little things.

I think its on the majority of lists as a risk, since yes it technically is but in small spurts I dont think it will do any harm. I was just saying that in general. Obviously its up to the person. Your HG is still in full swing?! I dont know much about it but I have heard its a real biotch.

• I've been using Neutrogena Acne Free Face Wash (orange) for about 10 years, and still love it. And I've been using straight coconut as my sole moisturizer for about 5 years now, and love it.
  • I use Elemis products, which you can get at Nordstrom and, of course, Seabreeze Sensitive Skin. Keeps me clear and soft.
  • i was breaking out a bit more with pregnancy, so after the reco of a friend who was loved this when she was pregnant, i got the Basq cleanser which i love. It's supposed to be very good for balancing skin levels. I use their eye gel too that is pretty great. 
  • I use Neutrogena's Acne Wash, Clean and Clear Acne Moisturizer at night and Aveeno's moisturizer for the day. My doc told me as long as I don't drink my salicyclic acid face products, I'm good to go. I've also never heard anything about certain SPFs except that you may need a higher one during pregnancy..
  • I use Burt's Bees facial cleanser.  Natural and easy to find at regular stores I already shop at.  For moisturizer, I actually use an oil.  I switched over years ago and it's made a HUGE difference in the texture of my skin - used to have major problems with breakouts and controlling the oil levels on my skin but now the texture is great and I get much fewer breakouts.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"