November 2013 Moms

Where are you getting your early gender scans?

To those of you who have done the early gender scans where did you go? Did you go to one of the boutique shops or to your OBs office? I want to schedule one but everyone in real life thinks I'm nuts and I should just wait until 21 weeks. (Seriously my OB's office does the anatomy scan at 21 weeks and not a day sooner!)

I found a place that does it for $40 so that seems pretty reasonable. Thoughts?

Re: Where are you getting your early gender scans?

• Going at 16w 3d and will be paying 25! Now..only 2 weeks to wait!
  • My OB office does it at 16 weeks so at my next appointment we will find out the gender. June 19th can't come any sooner!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to a place called Baby's first Ultra Sound. I should have known with a name like that, they were idiots. No baby has its first u/s at 16 weeks, ha! It was in an industrial building and was a dump inside. They advertised very creatively posting selective reviews. I looked on yelp and they had good reviews. The people who wrote the posts on yelp were either paid or completely ghetto with low standards. It was really creepy. While there, my baby did not cooperate on showing the goods which is no fault of theirs, so with the 50 bucks I paid it includes a free rescan which I am going to do on Sunday. The thing that really bothers me was the pictures they gave me. Their printer was so bad I'm not kidding it looked like black squares on a white paper, not only could I not see the baby at all, you couldn't even see my uterus, NOTHING. I really regret going there. Please try to go somewhere that a person you trusts recccomends. I really wish I had done more research from people who had actually been there who have the same expectations I have from the people I pay. Ask to see the pics they got from there. Good luck!!!
  • cagoldicagoldi member

I went to an elective scan place called Before the Stork. They have a couple locations here in OC. I have a friend who had been for her first pegnancy and loved it.

It was $59, which we felt was reasonable. I wasn't sure if my DH would make it to my Anatomy Scan and wanted us to find out the sex together. They have a comfortable set up with a big living room type area called the 'Baby Theater.' There were comfy chairs and a couch for my DH and parents to sit. They played Rockabye Baby music, those CD's with the lullaby renditions of the Beatles, Guns N Roses, Coldplay, etc. It was a nice experience and my family really enjoyed it. I am really glad we went and chose to include them.

• Wow, you ladies that found good places got good deals.  I remember paying like $100 with DS to find out when I was like 14 weeks.  

This time around, I get ultrasounds pretty much every month because I'm having twins, so I'm hoping I can find out at my 16 week appt, if not, I'll have another at 20.   

• imagebglovesbabyk:
    I went to a place called Baby's first Ultra Sound. I should have known with a name like that, they were idiots. No baby has its first u/s at 16 weeks, ha! It was in an industrial building and was a dump inside. They advertised very creatively posting selective reviews. I looked on yelp and they had good reviews. The people who wrote the posts on yelp were either paid or completely ghetto with low standards. It was really creepy. While there, my baby did not cooperate on showing the goods which is no fault of theirs, so with the 50 bucks I paid it includes a free rescan which I am going to do on Sunday. The thing that really bothers me was the pictures they gave me. Their printer was so bad I'm not kidding it looked like black squares on a white paper, not only could I not see the baby at all, you couldn't even see my uterus, NOTHING. I really regret going there. Please try to go somewhere that a person you trusts recccomends. I really wish I had done more research from people who had actually been there who have the same expectations I have from the people I pay. Ask to see the pics they got from there. Good luck!!!

What a bummer!  I can't believe that you had such a bad experience!  I hope you wrote a bad review on the sites you found them on.   

• We paid to find out earlier. 40 for the gender package. We found out at 15 weeks with our second. I'm going to make an appointment this Monday to find out what 3 is
  • I'm waiting it out and will be almost 21 weeks when we find out. I am so nervous that a little earlier could be wrong and then we go back later and find out the correct sex of the baby.

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went at 16 w 2 d to a little place that does sex determination starting at 15 w. It was wonderful!  We even got to see a sneak peek of him in 3d and he was sucking his thumb.  We took DD with us and they had the images projected on the wall. My mom came as well.  It was a wonderful experience.  They were so nice and she started by saying that if she was not 100% sure she would not tell us and would bring us back in a week for free.  We paid $75.00 and got 3 awesome b&w photos.
  • imagelamo1210:
    I'm waiting it out and will be almost 21 weeks when we find out. I am so nervous that a little earlier could be wrong and then we go back later and find out the correct sex of the baby.

This, I will be 20wks 4days. I would rather wait and get the correct sex. In the earlier weeks the sex can look the same and hard to determine, by 20wks you are good to go as long as baby cooperates. I have seen it many times where the earlier scans were wrong and they ended up being disappointed because of that or prepared for the opposite sex.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"