Trying to Get Pregnant

TMI-Butt problems and TTC

Hi all,

So this is super humiliating even asking this question on the interwebz.  But here is goes.  After having my first daughter (I know I know my ticker says I'm a million weeks pregnant. I can not fix its driving me nuts) about 18 freaking months ago, I have had issues with Anal fissures.  If you don't know what they are, you don't want to know.  I was having all kinds of pain and bleeding and everyone said it was hemmis then finally after it not going away for a year and a half I recently saw a colorectal surgeon who diagnosed me with anal fissures and it is apparently common after childbirth.  Anywho, I was given some medicine that is not really working but the whole thing is really messing with my groove.  First of all I have an anal freaking fissure.  NOT sexy.  And the medicine I have to put on it is all goopy and gross which really interferes with sexing and my bum hurts a bit most of the time

So can anyone commiserate with me?  Anyone have any experience?  It sounds so silly but I feel so alone.  I wish there was type of butt issue support group.  He said surgery is an option but that it is not a good idea if I plan to have another baby.  Also I spoke to a nurse that said if its an issue you have, you really have to just deal with it throughout your childbearing years.  fun fun. 

ETA: some wordy words I missed 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TMI-Butt problems and TTC

• This is actually much more common than you would think.  I know someone that dealt with a fissure for 5 years before she had a successful repair.  She also had 2 childen with the fissure.   

I am so sorry you are going through this.

• That sucks! I really hope this gets fixed for you soon. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • kali55kali55 member
    I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through this.  You never realize how much you take for granted anal health until you are dealing with a problem.  I had a fissures while pregnant with DS due to constipation.  I did a lot of soaking in the tub with epsom salts and it seemed to help. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have zero experience with this. I just wanted to say hi & sorry that you are having to deal with this. Good luck & welcome!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • imageBanker&BSN:

This is actually much more common than you would think.  I know someone that dealt with a fissure for 5 years before she had a successful repair.  She also had 2 childen with the fissure.   

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Thank you! That is actually comforting to hear.  I do know some people that have had them but just the kind that go away after a week or two.  No one has had this chronic kind.  I am so glad your friend is better finally after all that time.  I am thinking about just ditching the stupid million dollar medicine, dealing with it and then getting the surgery when I can. 

• imageHatchetFace:
    I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say that I'm really sorry you're going through this. That sounds awful. I hope you can find some relief soon!

Thank you! 

• imagekali55:
    I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through this.  You never realize how much you take for granted anal health until you are dealing with a problem.  I had a fissures while pregnant with DS due to constipation.  I did a lot of soaking in the tub with epsom salts and it seemed to help. 

Oh you poor lady....dealing with that while pregnant would be awful.  I'm glad that yours resolved.  I have tried baths but not with epsom salts so I will give that a try.  I will try ANYTHING 

• imagebeckynsean11:
    I have zero experience with this. I just wanted to say hi & sorry that you are having to deal with this. Good luck & welcome!

Thanks!  Good luck to you! 

• imagePiggie143:
    That sucks! I really hope this gets fixed for you soon. Good luck.

Thank you!!  

• I have no experience with fissures, but do relief techniques for hemorrhoids also work? I was specifically thinking of witch hazel, which I know can be soothing for lots of different irritations. I mean, obviously check with your doctor, etc, but it isn't goopy and might still be relieving without feel too in the way of sexiness?

Also, did you doc say anything about stool softener or including things like dried fruits in your diet to help prevent constipation? Again, these are things I've heard for hemorrhoids, but maybe could also be helpful to you?

Sorry you're dealing with this. Butt problems are the opposite of fun :(

• I am sorry you are going through this.

I never had fissures but I did have a vaginalrectal fistula. I remember the huge fear and embarrassment that went along with it

I hope your bum gets better :
  • Yikes. I am so sorry! I have hemis and that is painful enough! My mother had anal fissures and it was corrected with surgery. I know that sitz baths, colace, and high fiber diet helped with hers. GL. Also, I know you feel alone, but there are tons of people going through the same thing. They are just too embarrassed to talk about it. But they shouldn't be. It's just a body part. Hope you find some relief.
  • No advice at all but thinking good thoughts for you :/
  • Thank you! Yes I have tried witch hazel and you are right it does offer some temporary relief.  My  issue is the pain while going and he does have me on Miralax every day and that seems to help a little.  I think it just fights with the iron in my prenatal vitamin so it does not work the best.  Sigh.  I work really hard to guzzle water and I make smoothies on the daily with a ton of greens and fruit.  Nothing helps.  Well I should say it does help by keeping it manageable but won't heal it.  
  • imagewedding06:
    Coming out of lurking... I had a horrible fissure the year I got married. I could hardly move for months and would just lie on my side when I got home from work. It all started from getting backed up by a one a day multivitamin and i never had butt probs prior. I found some relief in an antispasmatic cream that I needed to get from a compounding pharmacy. Ultimately though I needed surgery. It was a good 7 days post op that I was out of work and probably a month before I felt normal again. I get hemmies easily now and am just really careful to monitor my regularity. It has been almost 6 yrs and no fissures. My doc isn't super worried about it happening with childbirth but I am terrified so we will see. Yours doesn't sound quite as bad as mine was if you can still sex it up so maybe there are more meds to try. The only OTC med that helped a bit was nupercainal cream. Good Luck! ::retreating back to my sad boring bmb. Rooting for you all!::

Oh wow thank you for coming out of lurking!! First of all congrats on your pregnancy and sorry that you had to have a fissure in your first year of marriage.  That would really put a damper on the newlywed shennanigans.  I do think he has me on the same cream you speak of.  I had to get it from a compounding pharmacy and it does help the spasms after but my mine issue is the pain when going.  I have like a white knuckle grip on the toilet and my legs shake for 30 minutes or so after I go sometimes from the pain.  That is really good to hear that the surgery did work for you! I will look for that nupercainal cream.  

Good luck with your pregnancy and I am really hoping you don't have to deal with fissures again.  My only advice is to say no to forceps if you can.  I think maybe that is where the trauma came from?  Who knows.  They said if I pushed another half hour I could do it on my own or get help with the forceps.  In a moment of weakness I said "Forcep it up brother!  Gidddyup" but I regret that now.  And if you plan to breastfeed, if you think you know how much water you need to drink, drink more than that.  I have heard breastfeeding can aggravate it because you are not getting as much liquid which may be another thing that aggravates mine.  Thanks again for coming out of lurkdom!  Nice to have someone who has been through it and is better now.

• JoJo42JoJo42 member
    Oh yikes!  that sounds aweful!  I've only had the type that lasted a week or so, but drinking lots of prune juice seemed to work really well for me to prevent constipation.  I drank it every day that I was pregnant, and for many weeks after.  Also, the probiotic yogurt for digestive health helped.  Stool softeners didn't do anything for me.
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yikes! I have no experience with this, but I did have hemmerhoids when I was pregnant with DS, and I remember how painful they were. I've heard anal fissures are way worse. I wouldn't be interested in sexy time either. I hope you feel better soon!

image       imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • oh thats awful! i really hope you can find relief soon!
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• That does not sound fun at all! I'm sorry. I have a different down there problem called ulcerative colitis and I am super worried it will cause problems once I get pregnant. I feel your pain! Good luck to you and hang in there!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree with you that there should be a butt issue support group. I also have a lot of issues, but none with fissures that severe so I don't have much advice for you. I just want to say I am sorry for your pain.
  • ppantsppants member
    Lurker here too...I've had a fissure of and on for a couple of years now. I also got a cream from a compounding pharmacy. It had something in it to help the tissue relax back together so it can heal. I also had the same horrible white knuckle bathroom experiences. I stay hydrated and eat an Activia yogurt daily. It prevents constipation for me so I don't tear. I was taking benefiber powder daily before and it also helped. I hope you're feeling better soon!
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I'm sorry! That sucks! I hope the medicine works at least a little bit for you and that you don't have to wait a long time for repair.

Anniversary

• I had a pilonidal cyst 5 times since I was 14. I live my life in fear of those bastards!
  • Ok. I guess I screwed up the quote thing, but that was in response to the pilonidal cysts post above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"