Baby Showers
Options

Hit me with your best shot, Fire away!

What's the best place to for baby registry? GO!

Re: Hit me with your best shot, Fire away!

• Options
    Honestly? Buybuybaby.  They have the largest selection and will price match.  But they're few and far between in certain areas. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options

The best place is the place that is easiest/closest for your guests. You don't want to pick a store that they don't have locally or go only online when not everyone is comfortable shopping online.

In my case, I live in a big city so I had plenty of choices but my guests and my shower were in a small town.  The closest Target was 20 minutes away for them, the closest BBB or BRU was 45 minutes away for them, so I chose Target.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMandJS:
    Personally, I like Target. But that's because the nearest BRU is like a 45 minute drive from my house.

Same here. Target has the best selection for whats close to my guests.  

imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options

imagestephweinstein:
    Honestly? Buybuybaby.  They have the largest selection and will price match.  But they're few and far between in certain areas. 

Agreed! 

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    jencnhjencnh member
    Buy Buy Baby is hands-down way better than BRU....but if you don't have one close then you probably won't get much from your registry. Ours is about 40 minutes away and BRU about 15 minutes. My daughter registered at BRU cause she knew few people would travel to BBB.
  • Options
    Amazon. Definitely the best. Reviews are helpful, wide selection and best prices.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options

imageMonkeybutt80:
    Amazon. Definitely the best. Reviews are helpful, wide selection and best prices.

Yet not all guests will appreciate online only registries.  

imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options

I really liked my Diapers.com registry. 

https://www.diapers.com/baby-registry/welcome

I also really liked my Pottery Barn Kids Registry. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    I registered at target and BRU.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Amazon and BBB
  • Options
    kseavkseav member
    I agree with Buy Buy Baby! Loved everything about them. Bbb is about 45 min from be but close to about half of my guests so I also did Target.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrseBayMrseBay member
    BuyBuyBaby has the biggest selection but not convenient to our guests and family members. There is only one from where we live. I like Target because it is everywhere and it's easy to order things online. I still have to consider my guests convenience so I went with Target. It's cheaper too compared to BuyBuyBaby.
  • Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    Eh, depends on what you like. Most of the stuff I want is not carried at BRU or BBB or even Target, so I just have an Amazon universal registry. I did the same thing for our wedding. It's working fine for me. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options

It depends on where you are...

Target is everywhere and online.  I didn't have any issues with my wedding registry or the registry for DD.

BRU has many options both in store and online but they are not all over the place. Your registry is available through TRU if someone is closer to a TRU but they have a very limited selection.  The pricing tends to suck too!

Burlington has great prices and selection but (at least the two near me) are kind of trashy but in up keep, clientele and service.  I don't mind shopping there but I don't think all of my guests would have liked it.

Amazon has the best prices and reviews of products but I know a lot of people that do not like to shop online.

Wal-Mart has great prices, a decent selection and is available online but again, like Burlington, not everyone likes shopping there.  The registry desk can be difficult to find too.

I have no experience with BBB as there isn't one anywhere near me. I had a bad experience at Bed Bath and Beyond with my wedding but I don't know how close the two are related.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"