June 2012 Moms

Water Table ?

I know we've discussed this before. The little tykes anchors away was highly recommended. But does anyone have the Step 2 brand water tables? I like the Anchors Away one but all of those attachments and toys seem like a headache to clean up. it's a lot more pricier than the simple Step 2 ones because it has all the fun extra stuff but is it really worth almost double the price? Also, how do you store it when it's not being used? Just keep it away from sun? TIA!

Re: Water Table ?

• We have this one this one:

It managed to keep the blue & white tiers on it for most of last summer, but this year they aren't on there...we have them and they just stack on the table, but I didn't bother putting them on.  My kids LOVE it.  I just put water in it and they splash away.  I also made these cool water "bombs" out of sponges (thank you pinterest) that they love to play in the water with.  I think it is more than sufficient.  And you are right, the Little Tykes one would be a nightmare to clean.  It can get kinda funky when it just sits with water in it. 

We just leave ours outside to store it.  Sometimes I turn it upside down to keep the water from just standing in it.  But before we used it this year, I took bleach water and cleaned it all out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so excited b/c DH just agreed to make one! We're probably going to do this: https://bumbleandbean.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-farmhouse-sand-and-water-table.html

• Loading the player...
  • imageunaveragejane:
    I'm so excited b/c DH just agreed to make one! We're probably going to do this: https://bumbleandbean.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-farmhouse-sand-and-water-table.html

Now that's cool.  Maybe I'll have to make something like that too!  I better pin it!  LOL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageunaveragejane:
    I'm so excited b/c DH just agreed to make one! We're probably going to do this: https://bumbleandbean.blogspot.com/2011/07/diy-farmhouse-sand-and-water-table.html

I love that one! My husband was going to make the same one as well but someone gave us a used Step2 and I don't think I'll be able to convince him to still make it.  The Step2 works well and its big hit with DS and his friends.  Height is perfect and the lack or corners/hard edges is nice.  My yard's a mess anyway so I don't need the attractive one in the end.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespeer06:
    I went to Toys R Us last weekend with all intentions of buys the Anchors Away water table but at the last minute decided to buy the Step2 Tropical Island Resort. We'll see if she likes it.

we got this one too.  DD played with it for the first time today and loved it!  There is plenty of stuff to entertain her. 

• SigirSigir member
    We are giving dd hers for her birthday. Her party is next weekend. I really wish we had it today tho... It's over 90 here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"