Multiples
Options

1st period after twins - yowza

This is bananas. I remember having a few REALLY heavy periods after Claire, but this seems ten times worse. Can the initial first few after twins be even heavier than after singletons or am I just forgetting how bad it was before?
imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 1st period after twins - yowza

• Options
    I can only speak of mine after twins as I don't have any other lo's but I can tell you it was BAD. The hormones were the worst part of it. It was really intense. The 2nd month was pretty bad too but nothing like the first. After those, they regulated for me. Sorry to hear, hope you start to feel better! 
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I should not have read this. I normally have really heavy periods... Now I'm scared.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekatiebenes:
    I should not have read this. I normally have really heavy periods... Now I'm scared.

I had really bad ones in the months leading up before this pregnancy too. My OB had me on medicine to help, and it did, but it made me sleep all day.  I would only take it when DS had preschool or DH could be home. Don't think I'll be able to take that again when they resume. 

• Options
    My first just ended and it was awful. Borderline post csection bleeding. Probably my worst period ever. It lasted with that intensity for about 5 days and was done by 8.

Glad that's over with!
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options
    imageRachel Goldstein:
    My first just ended and it was awful. Borderline post csection bleeding. Probably my worst period ever. It lasted with that intensity for about 5 days and was done by 8.

Glad that's over with!

This. It was terrible.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

images0ulchicken:
    imageRachel Goldstein:
    My first just ended and it was awful. Borderline post csection bleeding. Probably my worst period ever. It lasted with that intensity for about 5 days and was done by 8. Glad that's over with!
    This. It was terrible.

me three.  Even now, months later, it still sucks.  It's much heavier then ever before.  And now I have a lot of cramps, before having babies I hardly had any cramps with periods.   

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were really bad for a few months .... i think it started to go back to normal somewhere around 5 months or so!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am going to preface this with that i was on the mini pill and EPing- but my first was at 7 months- it was not bad at all- it only lasted 5 days and was pretty light- and they have continued to be that way- which I am thankful for.

So I guess I am the odd ball....

• Options
    imageprojectbaby2012:

images0ulchicken:
    imageRachel Goldstein:
    My first just ended and it was awful. Borderline post csection bleeding. Probably my worst period ever. It lasted with that intensity for about 5 days and was done by 8. Glad that's over with!
    This. It was terrible.

me three.  Even now, months later, it still sucks.  It's much heavier then ever before.  And now I have a lot of cramps, before having babies I hardly had any cramps with periods.   

Same for me. I didn't have cramps after having my singleton, but since having twins, it's been painful every month.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    I have to share my horror story with you ladies, although it happened after just my son was born.  My first period after he was born started a day before a big formal fundraising ball I help organize each year.  I wore a royal blue floor length strapless gown and we sat for around 2 hours through dinner and live auction stuff.  Turns out I won the big raffle of the night, a custom made diamond necklace.  I jumped up and ran to the stage to receive my necklace.  Minutes later I went to the bathroom with my girlfriends only to discover I had bled THROUGH my gown, in three spots about the size of my hand!  I had my back to roughly 175 people.  I don't know if anyone noticed  in the audience but a bunch of very friendly, very intoxicated ladies in the bathroom stripped my out of my dress and rinsed the stains out as best as they could.  I stood basically naked in the bathroom while we flapped my dress up and down in front of a heater to dry it as best we could.  Lucky for me, they dimmed the lights for the dance about the time I left the bathroom and was able to hide the face that my dress was darker on one whole half from being wet!  Hoping this year good ol' aunt flo will still be staying away when the ball rolls around! PS-they got better after a few months, but now I am scared of what they will be like after two!
  • Options

I've had lots of rough physical problems since my boys (C Diff, TERRIBLE backpain, some PPD) but my period isn't one!

Have hope, still gestating women! My periods are now the lightest, least painful, most consistent that they have ever been!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"