Working Moms

Would you?

Would you stick it out in a difficult but very well paying job because of maternity benefit? I get 20 weeks and am planning to get preg in the fall again. Or, would you look for a new job, knowing you would be getting preg shortly after arriving? There isn't a particular opportunity, but I'm wondering when to start looking...
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Would you?

• That very much depends on a few things.....what makes the job difficult? And what are the chances of finding a position with paid leave at the same timeline without a penalty period? It's possible; I was hired three days before I had DD and got three full months paid mat leave.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would probably start looking. Then you could make a more concrete decision if something good came up. Plus, you don't know how long it can take to get pregnant and it'd suck even worse to stay in a job you hate if that happened.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on why the job is difficult.  If I could find the silver lining, I would stay. I am all for keeping options open though so I see nothing wrong in exploring the job market.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"