Dads & Dads-to-be

Looking for book recommendations

Hi Dads!

Looking for a book recommendation for a early thirties dad-to-be. What have you read? What was good?

A while back, I heard about this book that was THE book for expectant dads to read. It was putting a humorous spin on how seriously their child-free existence was about to get rocked. Any guesses or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for book recommendations

• BkuhmanBkuhman member
    OMG!! We have a humorous first time dad book here at the house on our book shelf that we no longer need bc DH is a second time dad now. Brand new condition still! Darn! Wish I knew how to send it to ya. It's great, I even liked it.
  • I got DH the baby owners manual, which reads just like an instruction manual, and he loves it. He says it keeps him laughing every time he picks it up to look through it
  • Loading the player...
  • There are soo many!! The funniest that a girlfriend of mine gave my husband was Jenny Mcartheys Belly Laughs. It's not written by a man obviously but it takes you every step from her position and it's hysterical. My husband couldn't put it down.
  • Just go to Amazon and order "Be Prepared:  A Practical Handbook for New Dad's."

• I'd be happy to send you my address if you are serious about sharing. If not, could you share the name and author here? Thanks!
  • And thank you to everyone for the recommendations.
  • WulfgarWulfgar member

My wife checked out a ton of books from the library.  I found out that most of them were semi-useless.  It helps that both my wife and I are the oldest grandchildren of large extended families so we have grown up with babies under foot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BkuhmanBkuhman member
    Oh, I'm serious. Otherwise it will just sit and collect dust since we already know what to expect. Lol.
  • imageournhwedding:
    I'd be happy to send you my address if you are serious about sharing. If not, could you share the name and author here? Thanks!

Author is Gary Greenberg.  Here is the link (sorry it's not clicky):

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Prepared-Practical-Handbook-Dads/dp/0743251547 

• We got The Expectant Father. All the other books our there seem to make the dad out to be an idiot. We also got the MayonClinic Pregnancy book.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"