December 2013 Moms

How and when do you read/post on the BMB?

OK, this may be a very silly thread, but I'm curious to hear how and when folks usually read/post on this BMB.  I for one, can't read/post during workdays, so I usually sit down at the computer after DD is in bed and I try to read all the posts that were new since the night before.  Today when I sat down (a few hours ago now) there were over 125 new posts.  It's kind of hard to read that many full threads, but I feel as though I miss a lot if I'm skipping any, and some posts I really want to respond to. But then I end up spending hours on the computer!

How do you digest the BMB?  Read everything? Scan and choose just certain topics? Do you read/post during the day?  At night?  Is it still worth it to add a comment to a thread from a few days ago, or are people no longer reading old posts?   Have you had any luck with the search function?  Sometimes I feel a bit frustrated that I miss things if I see a post early, and then don't go back later to check on it again and read all the responses.  Maybe I am just crazy and not all that adept at the format.  Would love to hear your thoughts/advice!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How and when do you read/post on the BMB?

• I mostly read at night, but my DF does work nightshift so that might be why. I also mobile bump so that might be why I don't miss much. I also mostly only read topics relevant to me or stuff I might find interesting. Also I don't bother posting on old posts because most people and even the origional poster may not be reading them anymore as they are hard to find. Good luck figuring it all out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used to be able to read during workdays but I think it got blocked, so I can't anymore, so now I just kind of "pick & choose" my reading at night, & sometimes I miss whole days too, depending what I've got going on.  I just click on posts that seem interesting, & sometimes posts about certain drama will lead me looking for another previous thread. Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • I normally always read early in the morning when DS wakes up and is calm.  He plays on the floor while I eat breakfast and read.  I skip a lot of posts.  Especially "first appt!" type posts. I know I miss a lot of stuff during the day. For example, yesterday there was some drama on a Facebook thread. I skimmed it but it had a lot of replies. "Ain't nobody got time for that"

• I skim mostly during the afternoon and evening hours. Most days I'm not up and about until the early afternoon and most days I have nothing to do but sit at home with my daughter who seems to prefer playing by herself over playing with me. though that's probably more 'cause I can't get down in the floor with her anymore...

Anyways! Afternoon/evening time, but I usually just skim and pick and choose. The past week's been a bit unusual because I've been out every single day this week for one reason or another -- birthday/graduation parties, random shopping trips, spraining my ankle, youngest BIL's graduation itself, and helping my mom move in to her new apartment -- not necessarily in that order. So I've been doing a lot more skimming/reading than replying to anything this past week. I've never been too active a replier though.

• jmb527jmb527 member

I have my settings set to "last post date"-so that way I see all threads that are still active at the top. The starred threads have the most views and responses so those are usually interesting or worth a read. 

I used to be just an evening reader/poster, but I am now off for summer from work so I have more time during the day to keep up when DD is at preschool or napping.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"