Preemies
Options

DD not here yet, but a question about preemies

Hi Everyone,

I've just been on here reading your stories and looking for some encouragement and positivity, which I've definitely found.

Long story short- my pregnancy has been a roller coaster- heavy bleeding and debilitating morning sickness then short/funneling cervix and now complete bed rest and lengthening cervix but with almost 1cm dilation. We went though a night of hell on Wednesday when I was admitted to the hospital and the doctors mad it seem like we were going to lose our Summer that night. The next morning, our high risk doctor was extremely mad the other doctors did that and was not as concerned about the ultrasound as the other doctors were. Anyway- sorry for the overload- I'm 22 wks, 2 days and I'm just looking to hear about anyone who may have been in the same situation, dilation etc and had a preemie success story.

Thanks everyone and I wish you and your families the best!

Re: DD not here yet, but a question about preemies

• Options
    I was put on hospital bed rest at 22 weeks due to being 3 cm dilated with buldging membranes ; was then bleeding at 24 weeks , got magnesium which was horrible and my water broke and I developed an infection and had to deliver at 24 weeks 3 days. We have our beautiful mericale daughter Valerie who is now 43 weeks and 7 1/2 pounds and should be home soon! It's been a tough nicu stay. With many ups and downs and alot of tears. but we love her so much and would do anything for her! If you want to know more we made a caringbridge site www.caringbridge.org under valeriemichalak

Stay postive and don't get up off bedrest lay on trensdelenburg position and follow doctors orders, every day inside ur belly is best! Hang in there! It's a world wind of emotions that no one can understand or will understand unless they experienced it themselves!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was 1cm when I was put in the hospitals at 21 weeks. I delivered my babies 4 weeks later. (I was also bigger then a full term person) Try to stay positive! Bed rest can do wonders :-)
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was put in the hospital on BR at 21 wks 6 days. With the help of lots of magnesium, I was able to hold off til 24 wks 2 days. Our DD was born almost 6 weeks ago & is still fighting hard. 

You're still in the hospital, right? Are you contracting at all? If it looks like delivery is going to be imminent, ask about magnesium. Even if they're not using it to stop contractions, there is research showing that when it is given just prior to delivery it offers neurological benefits for the baby. I would also ask about get steroids (Betamethasone) as soon as possible. I got it at 23 weeks & it's a good thing I did because I delivered without much warning & the steroids take a few days to become effective.

I hope you have a good MFM caring for you. Do not let them send you home because your baby is not "viable" yet!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was sent home at 22w 1 day  and I'm home now.I have a follow up next week at 23 weeks at the hospital. The hospital I'm with is the absolute best in the area but they don't take mothers before 23 weeks ( not sure why). I'm so torn about what to do if they give me the choice of whether or not to stay at 23 weeks. I obviously know that hospital care provides more security and piece of mind, but would they just send me home if they thought the situation was so bad?

• Options
    Most states won't preform CPR or revive a baby before 24 weeks or stop labor before then so that's why they sent you home. If your home id stay on strict bed rest and use a bed pan for the bathroom, I personally think they should have kept you on bedrest there and once you get to 23 weeks 5 days they can give you the sterioid shots for your baby's lungs.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"