Baby Names
Options

Let me clarify...

I am going to be naming my little one Reeves if a girl. I know Reeves is very different and is more a masculine name. It is actually my husband's grandmother's maiden name and is his middle name. The reason I'm choosing it as a name for this little one is that my husband passed away after a car accident about 7 weeks ago. If the baby is a boy he will be named after my husband, Timothy Reeves. If it is a girl, her first name will be Reeves, and then something for a middle name. I like Nora, or other Irish names, suggestions?We had not talked about names yet as this is our first and I was only about 11 weeks when he passed. Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it!

Re: Let me clarify...

• Options
    First of all, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your husband.  I think honoring him in this way is very touching.  As far as Reeves as a first name, it's pretty "strong" so I would probably stick with something a little lighter for the middle name spot.  Nora is pretty, I also like Anna or Joy. 

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    CMSAVCMSAV member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even imagine, and my prayers are with you. Looking at Irish names on BTN ?ine came up (AWN-ye) which I think sounds nice with Reeves and means "brilliance". Good luck finding the perfect name for your LO and I hope that he/she brings you a great deal of joy and comfort.

EDIT: sorry, it actually means radiance. My bad

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I like Reeves; it's not that far off Reece.  I do agree with pp that something really feminine will soften it.  My first thought was Reeves Aisling. 

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    So sorry for your loss.
    My husband's idea was to choose a name from your family since you've already chosen one from your husband's and that way the name would be a joining of you two, as babies tend to be.
    There is a little girl down the street from us named Reeve I think it was a combo of Reese and Eve, not sure though, and her middle name is Gabrielle or Gabriella. Just thought I would throw that out there since the names are similar.
  • Options
    I am also sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. But as to your question, I think something light and short: Reeves Ann or Reeves Mae. Another avenue to consider: Reeves Joy, Reeves Faith, Reeves Hope. GL!
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I honestly think it's a beautiful name and your little one will love it :

Reeves Ellie
    Reeves Addison
    Reeves Evelyn
    Reeves Claire
    Reeves Grace.

I'm not good at names but hope this helped.
  • Options

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband!

Reeves definitely sounds more masculine to me than feminine, but I would say it's less obviously a boy name than other names, like the way Timothy is definitely a boy's name. Personally I would use Reeves as a middle name for a girl, not because it was your husband's middle name, but just because it's not obviously feminine and I prefer first names to be more gender specific. Have you considered looking into a feminine version or variation of Timothy as a first name, and using Reeves as the middle name? Otherwise, I think if I were to use Reeves as a first name for a girl, I would choose a middle name that was clearly feminine.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Or, perhaps a more feminine version of Reeves, such as Reva. Pronounced REE-va. I think anyone that knows you and your husband would make the connection of Reeves and Reva.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options

imageRedInLove:
    Or, perhaps a more feminine version of Reeves, such as Reva. Pronounced REE-va. I think anyone that knows you and your husband would make the connection of Reeves and Reva.

This, except the girl I know spells it Reeva (closer to your DH's name, OP).

I am so sorry about your loss OP. I cannot imagine... 

Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"