Baby Names
Options

Katelyn and William

I am pregnant and just found out via MaterniT21 it is a boy! I need name help. I love the name William. Our daughter is Katelyn (nn kate). Do you think William is a bad name given Prince William/Kate Middleton?

Honesty please. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Katelyn and William

• Options
    Love the name but I do think people would make that assumption....
  • Options
    Yep, I think they will unfortunately.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the name William, too, but I think as a sibling pairing it is unfortunately spoiled by the royal connection.
  • Options
    That is what I thought but my mom said no so i figured id ask here.

• Options

I love the name William. I think that Katelyn and William is fine, but maybe Liam would be a better choice? It would be less noticeable.

Suggestions: Edward, Liam, Victor

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Options
    Yes, I think that association is automatic.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imageMochadoodle:
    I love the name William. I think that Katelyn and William is fine, but maybe Liam would be a better choice? It would be less noticeable. Suggestions: Edward, Liam, Victor

Love the name Liam.. Wish my hubby liked it for our choice!!!
  • Options
    imageMochadoodle:
    I love the name William. I think that Katelyn and William is fine, but maybe Liam would be a better choice? It would be less noticeable. Suggestions: Edward, Liam, Victor

I agree!

Hi lady!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    Good names but that's my first thought when I hear them together
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I immediately thought of the royal connection and then realized two of SIL's kids are William and Katelynn, however they have six kids so the connection is not as obvious. 

• Options
    I agree I immediately thought of the royal family. It's a bummer your husband doesn't like Liam. If your son will be called will, billy etc I don't think the connection will be as bad : good luck
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    I agree with previous posters but think if you used a nickname it wouldn't be as obvious.
    My husband's extended family has siblings named Romeo and Juliana and it makes me want to vomit.
  • Options
    I think you might get a lot of questions about it, but I don't think it completely ruins it for me. They're both pretty common names. If we have a boy next, I've been considering a name that has a literary connection to DDs, but it also has sentimental meaning to me--and not that many people might get this connection. Anyway, I say if you love it and are aware of the possibility for questions you might receive, then do what you want to do.
    Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"