Baby Names

Same as school district name?

I really love the name Cooper for a boy, but unfortunately, it is the name of the school district where we live (and we're not too likely to move).  And the district isn't very creative with school names so the schools are Cooper North, Cooper West, etc.  

Would this make you avoid Cooper as a name?  I'm on the fence. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Same as school district name?

• Personally, yes this would make me avoid the name. But I really like the name, good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageajcortez:

Personally, yes this would make me avoid the name. But I really like the name, good luck! 

This.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Loading the player...
  • My son's middle name is the same name as the city in which we live. Granted it's a middle name...but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. You're naming your child for his whole life - he'll only be in the school system there for 13 years. 

• Yes, I probably would.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I would, but I also won't name our daughter Scarlett because it's the same as Ohio State's colors and we live in Columbus, Ohio (it's also a very popular dog name choice here ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would avoid the name.  Sorry.
  • Personally, I would avoid it as well. But if you really love the name, go for it. He'll probably get teased though!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• I would avoid, and I would probably think it was a little strange if someone did name their kid the same name as the school district. But I don't think it's a horrible thing to do, and I think people would get over it pretty quickly.

image  image

• I u love the name go for it. As pp said he will only be in school system for a while. I live in a county that has a very common and popular boy name. Yet ppl use it all the time. And I have a close friend named Meredith and went to college at Meredith. Kids are gonna get teased no matter what the kids name is. They are going to find a way and If that's the only thing they could tease ab with the name so be it. It would only last through elementary school at least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, he won't be in school forever & it's a good name. Still I myself wouldn't do because I know it would get to me. If you love it go for it.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The city I live is Brandon and I always wonder if kids with the name Brandon feel weird living here...

He may think it's cool the school has his name in it. I would've as a kid... but I'm weird I guess. 

BLAD reppin'

• Nope, I wouldn't do it.  I wouldn't want to hear his name every day when people are talking about the schools. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, he won't be in school forever, but those are some important years in creating an identity, growing in confidence, etc.  I'm sorry... I would avoid it or use it as a mn.  
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• LPace84LPace84 member
    I would avoid it. Sorry
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't feel weird using it.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• I would only avoid it if your last name is West or North... I don't think its that big of a deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally I wouldn't do it. Growing up, I knew a girl with the same name (different spelling) as our school district and it always stopped me for a moment.
    Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"