October 2013 Moms

Bikini at 22 weeks?

I'm a petite person and normally wear a bikini when swimming. We are taking DD to the community pool tomorrow and I'm on the fence about wearing mine. I have a maternity suit my BFF gave me but hate it. Im fortunate that my bikini still fits and covers my butt andboobs, I don't have any stretch marks yet, and my belly button is still normal looking. I know I shouldn't care what people think but I am having trouble with feeling self conscious because I feel like people will be staring or judging. With DD I never encountered this dilemma bc if how the seasons fell.

So I guess my question is... regardless of whether you personally would wear the bikini or not, do you think it's weird for a noticeably pregnant woman to wear one?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bikini at 22 weeks?

• Not weird, I wore mine out to the backyard to sunbathe last weekend, it looked fine. Rock that bikini! I cannot fathom anyone thinking it's 'weird'.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I will wear a bikini until I get stretch marks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • TiffJ21TiffJ21 member
    If you're comfortable in it, wear it. I think it's pretty common to wear bikini's while pregnant, especially as early as 22 weeks. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not at all....Sport it Momma and be Proud!!!

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• AjoydAjoyd member
    I don't think it's weird. If I had the body I would do it!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Amjoy25Amjoy25 member
    Nope. I plan to wear one all summer!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Nope! I wish I could wear one, but my belly just isn't the right shape, along with the rest of my body. More power to you if you can! I admire those women for embracing their bodies :D
  • Rock it, momma!!!

• Girl u better rock that bump!!
  • I approve. Bikini it up.
  • I think it's cute. I wore one last weekend in Palm Springs and I didn't have anyone give me rude looks, in fact people acknowledged and smiled. I say go for it!!

• I'll be wearing a bikini the whole pregnancy. I did last time, and will this time as well.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    I wore one at the beach last week. I sensed that my MIL did not approve but I didn't care. No strange looks from anyone else.
  • I wore mine on the dock last weekend and planned to continue to wear it throughout the summer at the pool with DD. I say go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Okay I definitely feel more confident about going for it now. Thanks everyone!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will likely have to buy a new bikini to accommodate the boobs, but I am planning on wearing one. I have a maternity suit that I actually do like and find flattering that I will wear sometimes because when I'm chasing DS it's easier, but I hate tankinis and think that one pieces make my legs look fat, so I'd rather wear a bikini.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Def go for it!! I think it's cute if your built for a bikini and don't have the stretch marks. I would in a heartbeat.
  • Rock the bikini! If you get a weird look then just tell them to suck it.

Just make sure to double up on sunblock. My belly burns much quicker pregnant.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Flaunt that bump! Petite builds almost ALWAYS look cute pregnant so I'm sure you will be fine.
  • imageKellyjane91:
    Girl u better rock that bump!!

This lol
  • I'm 21 weeks and just got back from a week in Egypt. I wore a bikini everyday x
  • I'm going out of town for a 'Girls Weekend' next Saturday. There WILL be pool time involved and I WILL be rocking a bikini at 20 weeks with a considerably large tummy (no stretchmarks...woo hoo)!!
  • ZulixxZulixx member
    I'll be rocking one this summer. I'm nervous about this first time around cause I look more fat than Prego right now. I'm still in the awkward phase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"