Multiples

Babywise

Anyone follow this? I followed for DS and now the twins. Seems like there are too many naps they are almost 11 weeks and they are getting 7 feeds with 5 naps. All these naps stress me out..,will they sleep long enough to make it to next 3 hour feed, will they nap, etc. anyone else? I find myself working so hard to stretch them to next feed.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
Moving on to IVF in July
37 with DOR...fabulous
ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

Re: Babywise

• I only follow it loosely. I use the same routine as far as feed, diaper, play, nap. My boys need to eat more often than the book suggests and that's just fine. They're still young. It did make a tremendous difference to set up a flexible schedule though and I'm glad I read the book. They definitely know the difference between napping and sleeping as a result and that makes bedtime much easier.

Perhaps try to be flexible with it and still be parent led but also follow their cues and let them give insight to what they are and aren't ready for.

Sometimes mine only sleep 20m and play for over an hour. Which is not what the book says they "should" do but it's what happens. I did find it a very helpful resource to making heads or tails to scheduling.

HTH!
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Even now, at 4.5 months adjusted, we don't go nuts trying to get them on a schedule. When they're hungry, they eat. Usually every 2-3 hours. Naps between nearly every feeding -- sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours. They're often on opposite schedules, which is fine (and easier when you're with them on your own!). We usually run into the most trouble when we try to schedule them -- which we do for their last 1-2 feedings of the day (their bedtime feeding is always right around 8). If we're going to end up with grumpy, overtired babies -- it's then. That suggests to me, at least for our girls, that following anything regimented at this stage would only be detrimental. 

At night, they're still up 1-2 times (we get 3-5 hour stretches out of them pretty regularly, now). Given this, we don't necessarily plan to sleep train unless they become really poor sleepers randomly and that becomes a chronic problem -- they've slowly been lengthening the time they sleep at night, so we'll just likely naturally let them get there. Who knows...we're just taking it a day at a time, honestly! :)

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My BIL and SIL followed it to the letter.  It is incredibly rigid and they be er left the house, but my niece is an awesome sleeper (although only in her own bed with absolute silence and darkness...).  

I found myself being quite annoyed by the whole thing and somewhat judgmental of their rigid parenting :(. But who knows how I'll be when my littles are here :) 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read it, along with Baby Whisperer and HSHHC. I followed the EASY routine from Baby Whisperer from the beginning (which is similar to Babywise) and then at 7w I started following HSHHC. Personally, I found HSHHC a lot more helpful and effective, and appreciated that it's based on so much research.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imagemacchiatto:
    I read it, along with Baby Whisperer and HSHHC. I followed the EASY routine from Baby Whisperer from the beginning (which is similar to Babywise) and then at 7w I started following HSHHC. Personally, I found HSHHC a lot more helpful and effective, and appreciated that it's based on so much research.

Thank you for this suggestion. I had seen it mentioned before but wasn't sure if it would be worth a read. I just found they have a multiples version of this book and I ordered it on the spot. It will be here Weds. which seems like an eternity! I can't wait!

TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• imageRachel Goldstein:

imagemacchiatto:
    I read it, along with Baby Whisperer and HSHHC. I followed the EASY routine from Baby Whisperer from the beginning (which is similar to Babywise) and then at 7w I started following HSHHC. Personally, I found HSHHC a lot more helpful and effective, and appreciated that it's based on so much research.

Thank you for this suggestion. I had seen it mentioned before but wasn't sure if it would be worth a read. I just found they have a multiples version of this book and I ordered it on the spot. It will be here Weds. which seems like an eternity! I can't wait!

The twins version is good, too! I've read both. The twins one didn't come out till my twins were 6m old and by that point they were pretty well sleep-trained already thanks to HSHHC. ;) The twins version is MUCH shorter and it's a good, quick, twin-specific read but I also love having the original on hand as a great sleep resource. It has a lot of general info on sleep, trouble-shooting guides, etc., that the twins version doesn't have. I still refer to it occasionally and my twins are 4! :) (It covers sleep needs and issues from birth through adolescence.)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"