Working Moms
Options

What's for Dinner?

The kids are having pizza and we are ordering in Chinese. 

Why is it that by Friday, I am out of ideas and energy?

Re: What's for Dinner?

• Options
    Netty_3Netty_3 member
    imageCTGirl30:

In the summer, we grill as much as possible - fast, easy, minimal cleanup.

Tonight it's steak / hericots verts / potatoes.

I love the summer for this reason.  Last night we had steak kabobs (steak, onions, peppers, bacon, and squash), tonight it's BBQ chicken, grilled asparagus and red potatoes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    DH has some stuff in the crock pot (he's the cook) We are having shredded beef tacos tonight.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NY strips and caprese salad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Friday is clean-out-the-fridge-before-grocery-shopping night.  Leftover pork for DH, leftover quiche for me.  Salad for both.
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    Pizza! Friday is my night off.
  • Options

Turkey brats, green beans, something else but I forgot to plan and have no idea what we have.

Frankly considering doing the quorn sliders we have for dinner tonight with the green  beans so I don't have to stress out about finding something else.  And then cooking it.  Can do brats for lunch tomorrow and bank on being more creative for sides then.  (which means we will eat out)  I am over this week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We always do pizza night on Friday but we make our own.  It is something DH and I have always done since we got married.  Tonight we made pizza with whole wheat crust, topped with cheese, spinach, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes.  It was yummy!

I don't think there's anything wrong with ordering Pizza or Chinese on a Friday.  I mean you work hard all week you have to give yourself a break once in awhile. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We always order in or go out on weekend nights.

Today we had tacos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I head to the grocery store right after I pick up the kids on Fridays. Yes, it is almost torture, but it knocks the shopping out so I can leave the rest of the weekend open. So when I am at the store, I will either pick up subs (call ahead and pick them up while I am there), rotisserie chicken, or frozen pizza. So we have a variation of that on Fridays. Last night we had subs. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"