1st Trimester

3d?

So my boyfriend and I have decided not to get 3d sonograms only because we don't want to see what baby will look like in that depth before it's born.

I have nothing against others having it, this is just something we decided for us.

Anybody have any later pregnancy 3d/4d sonos? What was your experience?

Re: 3d?

• Ummm...Ok. I don't see the point in you announcing this.
  • imageWashingtonQueen:
    Ummm...Ok. I don't see the point in you announcing this.

Then why comment?

I haven't given it much thought, but you did make me think about whether I want to wait to see what the baby looks like until later. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Anybody have any later pregnancy 3d/4d sonos? What was your experience?

Did you not read her question? That's why she posted! Seriously......
  • imagebutterfly617:

imageWashingtonQueen:

Then why comment?

I haven't given it much thought, but you did make me think about whether I want to wait to see what the baby looks like until later. 

I've had to do blocking galore on here because of women just trying to be punks for no reason. I wont deal with the childish behavior. Yes, I see why many people opt for 3d/4d sonograms. They are cool looking and you do see a lot more. It was my boyfriend who first said he would rather wait until birth to see that many details and I thought about it and agreed. I am happy with the regular sonos and knowing the sex =)

• imageCarmlvsjose:
    Anybody have any later pregnancy 3d/4d sonos? What was your experience? Did you not read her question? That's why she posted! Seriously......

It amazes me how many women on this site, GROWN women, get off to being negative and hateful to everyone. I have seen so many innocent posts from women on here and for no reason get harassed and put down. Its sickening that even adults act this way.

• Big Smile
    imageCarmlvsjose:
    Agreed!!!
  • We got them...and let me tell you...they really are nothing like seeing  your baby for the first time. My 3D's didn't look anything like my baby actually did. To each their own...but it isn't going to look much like anything but a squished yellowish/blackish ultrasound picture..
  • image1017Shannon:
    We got them...and let me tell you...they really are nothing like seeing  your baby for the first time. My 3D's didn't look anything like my baby actually did. To each their own...but it isn't going to look much like anything but a squished yellowish/blackish ultrasound picture..

Squished was the exact word I was thinking when I looked them up. I saw one compared to the baby at birth and it looked exactly like it. Maybe just a fluke or computer altered?

• imageShopaholic30:

image1017Shannon:
    We got them...and let me tell you...they really are nothing like seeing  your baby for the first time. My 3D's didn't look anything like my baby actually did. To each their own...but it isn't going to look much like anything but a squished yellowish/blackish ultrasound picture..

Squished was the exact word I was thinking when I looked them up. I saw one compared to the baby at birth and it looked exactly like it. Maybe just a fluke or computer altered?

Yes, a lot of later 3D ultrasounds compared to the baby after it's born look amazingly similar. I think that is really fricken cool. However, when you see the baby in 3D it doesn't really "click" at the time. It is still a big surprise to see the baby in the flesh.

• I feel that I need to preface this by say that I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking...
    Are you going team green too? Or just letting lo appearance be a surprise?
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• I should learn to read....
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• imagesehart3478:
    I feel that I need to preface this by say that I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking... Are you going team green too? Or just letting lo appearance be a surprise?

No green team for me. Just wanting more of an appearance to be a surprise. You don't sound snarky at all

• imageShopaholic30:

imageCarmlvsjose:
    Anybody have any later pregnancy 3d/4d sonos? What was your experience? Did you not read her question? That's why she posted! Seriously......

It amazes me how many women on this site, GROWN women, get off to being negative and hateful to everyone. I have seen so many innocent posts from women on here and for no reason get harassed and put down. Its sickening that even adults act this way.

Truthfully, it doesn't make sense to ask if others are going to get the 3D ultrasound if you've decided not to get it. I'm confused too as to why you would ask if its not something you are interested in. Now, if you were on the fence about it then I could see you asking what other peoples' experiences are. However, WQ isn't the only person who is confused as to why you want to know what other peoples' experiences are if you've already made up your mind. Does that make sense?

I fail to see how this is rude or mean to wonder why you are announcing you don't want a 3D ultrasound? If you don't want it then you don't want it, whatever, but I'm not really sure you need to announce it.

Seriously, I think you need to take a step back and realize that there are all kinds of personalities on here and that you can't be so sensitive. Rude or mean would be telling you that you are a dumb human being for posting such dumb shiit. THAT is rude. Wondering why you are choosing to announce that you aren't getting a 3D ultrasound is not. See the difference?

I'm trying to be nice to you here because its obvious that you are sensitive and prone to over reaction. Really, get a grip, calm down. Not everything that isn't exactly what you want to hear is mean/rude/an attack on you. Its just that different people have different ways of expressing themselves. You don't have to like it, but you do have have to tolerate it because its not a violation of TOS and its a public forum. 

Blocking everyone that disagrees with you will make it so that you just get the butt kissers and yes-men that coddle you and stroke your ego. Is that what you want? Or, do you want real conversation with real people?  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageWashingtonQueen:

Must you *** on every post?

• imagecrazy4mas9:
    imagejanuaryfamily:

imageWashingtonQueen:

Must you *** on every post?

Just the obnoxious ones.

<3 you, Ali!

• imagesehart3478:
    I should learn to read....

haha

• ARS25ARS25 member
    How do you block people?  I've noticed the same thing!
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

I literally lol'd when I saw this

OP- a 3D isn't like staring at a your baby "in real life"..honestly..it looks like every other baby  (if that makes sense) you can't really see fine details like, "Honey, s/he has your eyes, nose, etc.  

Just sayin' 

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageWashingtonQueen:

Because she's announced like every other thing that has happened in the short number of weeks she's been pregnant.  

• imageKateMW:

imageWashingtonQueen:

Because she's announced like every other thing that has happened in the short number of weeks she's been pregnant.  

And if I have? You are making a rude comment about me and you don't know me and I have never said or done anything to you. You feel the need to be rude to someone who hasn't even talked to you? Wow...sad

• imageShopaholic30:
    imageKateMW:

imageWashingtonQueen:

And if I have? You are making a rude comment about me and you don't know me and I have never said or done anything to you. You feel the need to be rude to someone who hasn't even talked to you? Wow...sad

They only people in this entire thread that were rude are newbs.

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageShopaholic30:
    imageKateMW:

imageWashingtonQueen:

What I said was probably considered rude, but dude...get a blog. Every thought about your pregnancy does not belong on this board. 

• imageKateMW:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageShopaholic30:
    imageKateMW:

imageWashingtonQueen:

What I said was probably considered rude, but dude...get a blog. Every thought about your pregnancy does not belong on this board. 

It wasn't rude, it was fact.

• I, too, don't understand this post.

Ok...you don't want a 3D.

Cool story, bro.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey Shopaholic!

There are kind people on the forum, don't stress!! You are allowed to post whatever you like, you are excited and keen to talk about everything to do with decisions you're making and pregnancy, don't feel intimidated. These people get off on making others feel stupid. Just don't respond :)

I haven't even thought about 3D images! I do find them a little creepy though! I'm sure I'll want every picture I can get of little jellybean, so probably will end up getting them! :)

• imageBabylove221:

Hey Shopaholic!

There are kind people on the forum, don't stress!! You are allowed to post whatever you like, you are excited and keen to talk about everything to do with decisions you're making and pregnancy, don't feel intimidated. These people get off on making others feel stupid. Just don't respond :)

I haven't even thought about 3D images! I do find them a little creepy though! I'm sure I'll want every picture I can get of little jellybean, so probably will end up getting them! :)

I've been lurking for 2 weeks but signed up to just to comment. Others prowl this site to find posters they can be an to.  It's friggin rediculous that grown womem have nothing better to do. I read a post about 3rd trimester people coming to 1st tri just to find newbies to insult. Why is she commenting on this board anyways?? IDIOT!!

11/2010 delivered DD age 2 now, miscarriage 2/2012, current due date 10/30/13!
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageShopaholic30:

imageCarmlvsjose:

Blocking everyone that disagrees with you will make it so that you just get the butt kissers and yes-men that coddle you and stroke your ego. Is that what you want? Or, do you want real conversation with real people?  

I'm sure the OP just wants conversation with respectful people. Maybe the ignoramas on here should go to another site.  

11/2010 delivered DD age 2 now, miscarriage 2/2012, current due date 10/30/13!
  • Wow, all this name calling from the "nice" "anti-bully" newbs is confusing my brainhole.

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • imagekelseybert:

My husband and I probably won't do 3d, I'd like it to be a surprise as well. As far as finding out the sex, well that's still in the air.

If it means anything, I didn't think this post was pointless, I think some comments that were stated could have been with held, especially if this subject didn't pertain to that specific person.

Agreed. I don't see a problem with seeking opinions from others. Where else are you going to find a candid group of pregnant women than on the bump Right now I am on Team Green, but if I change my mind I would consider 3D. I have no shame in admitting I am a newbie to the bump, I did not join during my first pregnancy.

• imagequeenmomtomines:
    imageBabylove221:

Hey Shopaholic!

I've been lurking for 2 weeks but signed up to just to comment. Others prowl this site to find posters they can be an to. &nbsp;It's friggin rediculous that grown womem have nothing better to do. I read a post about 3rd trimester people coming to 1st tri just to find newbies to insult. Why is she commenting on this board anyways?? IDIOT!!

Because they actually have great advice! It makes sense to get opinions from those who have btdt, and not sugarcoat and give the answers you want to hear. When the truth hurts!

• imagequeenmomtomines:
    imageBabylove221:

Hey Shopaholic!

I've been lurking for 2 weeks but signed up to just to comment. Others prowl this site to find posters they can be an to. &nbsp;It's friggin rediculous that grown womem have nothing better to do. I read a post about 3rd trimester people coming to 1st tri just to find newbies to insult. Why is she commenting on this board anyways?? IDIOT!!

Hmmm...you signed up to name call.

Hello pot meet kettle.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"