Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Best brand of clothes for chubby babies?

I love Carter's clothes and have a bunch of stuff from them. My LO is currently wearing 6 months but I feel like she's going to outgrow it very quickly. It's a shame because I have so many cute 6 month outfits I bought and gifts we got that she won't get to wear them all probably. Anyway, I love the Carter's jumpsuits and sleep & plays but they don't fit around her thighs properly. Also the couple outfits I've tried on her with pants from Baby Gap are too tight around her waist. Can anyone recommend a good brand of clothing for my chubby little girl? Though it's not so bad dressing her just in cute onesies, creepers and dresses :) 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best brand of clothes for chubby babies?

• My son is small, but I found out that between carters and gerber, the gerber ones looked way bigger on him than the carters. Also I have some Disney stuff, they are giant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We CD so have a fluffy diaper butt to get around... But I've found the circo brand at target to be pretty wide and fits well over the bigger dipes! Maybe that would work well for the chubby legs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm mobile bumping so I only saw part of the subject line. I was automatically going to respond that Carters is my fave brand but you already have experience with them, I see.

I also like George. I think it's a Walmart line. The sizing and prices are good. Quality...not so much. But you get what you pay for, I guess.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    imagekjsmith9:
    We CD so have a fluffy diaper butt to get around... But I've found the circo brand at target to be pretty wide and fits well over the bigger dipes! Maybe that would work well for the chubby legs.
    I could have wrote this exact reply!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    Gymboree and gap have the best quality IMO. More expensive, yes, but you can find a ton new on eBay!

• My LO is tiny but I've noticed Circo from Target is bigger then Carters
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww ive got a chunky girl too and having the same issue! Carters runs small imo. I haven't found a better brand for her yet.
  • I seem to have had the opposite experience. I find Circo to run small/slim. Gerber also is much smaller than Carter's. Carter's has been pretty true to weight for us. Gymboree and Crazy 8 run bigger on some items, but the one Gymbo sleeper I had was so slim cut that it never fit DD2.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"