1st Trimester

***gingerbabe***

I don't know why you DD'ed, that is never ok. Since I took the time to write a response I am going to post in anyway.

I am still breastfeeding my 22 month old. My nipples hurt like crazy during feedings because my nipples are oversensitive due to the pregnancy. I've worked through it and continued on, I plan to tandem breastfeed.

Re: ***gingerbabe***

• Seems like a fairly legit and innocuous question... I wonder why she DD'd?

I commend you for being able to make it work through pregnancy. I could barely stand it post partum. I might be paging you in the future once this LO arrives because it was tear-inducing.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:

Seems like a fairly legit and innocuous question... I wonder why she DD'd?

I commend you for being able to make it work through pregnancy. I could barely stand it post partum. I might be paging you in the future once this LO arrives because it was tear-inducing.  

I don't get the DD either.

Thanks, Prim! I'd love to help if I can Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry! I posted the same thing In the breast feeding board, and thought it pointless to have the question in two boards! Thanks though! I didn't think anyone was going to respond in this board!
    Baby #1 DS born August 2012
    Baby #2 DD Born January 2014
    Baby #3 ?? Due June 5 2015

• Washingtonqueen, has your supply stayed the same? I have not had the greatest supply, and now being pregnant I am worried it'll decrease. I really want to wein him off nursing in 3 months but I don't know how to.

• imagegingerbabe:
    Washingtonqueen, has your supply stayed the same? I have not had the greatest supply, and now being pregnant I am worried it'll decrease. I really want to wein him off nursing in 3 months but I don't know how to.

My supply increased for a little while but, I think it was because of some meds my midwife prescribed me. I had really bad morning sickness for a while so she gave me Reglan to help. Reglan is also a med that is used by some to increase milk supply so, it worked out in my favor.

I do know lots of women have supply issues while pregnant and I am not sure what other moms do to fix it. I think I got lucky my midwife figured out a 2 in 1 med that worked for me.

• I'm 10 weeks pregant and I am breast feed my 16 month old. My nipples hurt too. Just like when I first started feeding her. I want to ween her off too. But slowly. It makes me cry the thought of her crying for it and me not giving it. I don't know where to start. I don't want to stress myself out trying

because its not heathy. I really don't want to upset her either. She only goes down for her naps and bed time with the breast. So I am in the same boat too. Nipples are sore, and I am going to have an upset LO.
  • I have a friend whose 2 kids naturally weened themselves all the way by 12 months. They loved eating solids so much they didn't want to nurse! Why can't we be that lucky? I have not liked BFing at all, but have been determined to do it till 12 months. But I have no clue how to ween my DS! He LOVES nursing and hates solids. I'd like to have him totally weened by 2 months prior to new LO coming (so by the time DS is 15 months). That way maybe he won't be jealous when I BF the new one.

• Your friend is very lucky. My DD never took a soother either. So breast feeding was right up there with comfort too. I for sure plan to nurse my second. I don't want her to be jealous either. She already gets upset when I hold another baby. Ugh.... So... My plan is to not feed her at her nap times. Then once I reach 13 weeks and I can eliamate one stress miscarriage then I can start the process of no night time feeding. As for my senative nipple pain I'll just going to by my time I guess.
  • imageWashingtonQueen:

I don't know why you DD'ed, that is never ok. Since I took the time to write a response I am going to post in anyway.

I am still breastfeeding my 22 month old. My nipples hurt like crazy during feedings because my nipples are oversensitive due to the pregnancy. I've worked through it and continued on, I plan to tandem breastfeed.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"